Mailing List Archive

Question about XEN hypervisor for automotive/embedded platform
Dear XEN Team,

in the course of a research project as part of my master program
"Cybersecurity":

/"Performance Analysis of different virtualization techniques in
automotive environment" /

I came across AGL whitepaper which says that XEN has a hypervisor for
embedded/automotive platforms planned. The reseach intends to compare
the performance of different virtualization techniques specified for
automotive environment.

Does such (opensource) hypervisor exist and can be used? If yes, would
you forward me the repo?

I look forward to your response.

Best regards

--
Quang Anh Dang
Technische Universität Darmstadt

Re: Question about XEN hypervisor for automotive/embedded platform [ In reply to ]
(+ Artem & Bertrand)

On 22/04/2020 07:28, Quang Anh Dang wrote:
> Dear XEN Team,

Hello,

> in the course of a research project as part of my master program
> "Cybersecurity":
>
> /"Performance Analysis of different virtualization techniques in
> automotive environment" /
>
> I came across AGL whitepaper which says that XEN has a hypervisor for
> embedded/automotive platforms planned. The reseach intends to compare
> the performance of different virtualization techniques specified for
> automotive environment.
>
> Does such (opensource) hypervisor exist and can be used? If yes, would
> you forward me the repo?

There are effort to get Xen in Automotive but I am not sure if there is
reference yet. I have CCed Artem and Bertrand who should be able to help.

Julien Grall
Re: Question about XEN hypervisor for automotive/embedded platform [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> On 24 Apr 2020, at 11:21, Julien Grall <julien@xen.org> wrote:
>
> (+ Artem & Bertrand)

Thanks, sorry I missed that mail.

> On 22/04/2020 07:28, Quang Anh Dang wrote:
>> Dear XEN Team,
>
> Hello,
>
>> in the course of a research project as part of my master program "Cybersecurity":
>> /"Performance Analysis of different virtualization techniques in automotive environment" /
>> I came across AGL whitepaper which says that XEN has a hypervisor for embedded/automotive platforms planned. The reseach intends to compare the performance of different virtualization techniques specified for automotive environment.
>> Does such (opensource) hypervisor exist and can be used? If yes, would you forward me the repo?
>
> There are effort to get Xen in Automotive but I am not sure if there is reference yet. I have CCed Artem and Bertrand who should be able to help.

I would say that xen itself is the hypervisor in question.
It might be configured or used in a specific way for embedded but I don’t think there are plan right now to create a specific version of Xen.

So the only solution right now would be to take the standard Xen and analyse its performance.

Regards

Bertrand
Re: Question about XEN hypervisor for automotive/embedded platform [ In reply to ]
Hello

We do not plan to create a "fork" or "branch" of Xen for Automotive, mainline Xen can be configured for Automotive use cases.
We can help you configuring it in a proper way.

Best regards,
-- Artem Mygaiev