Mailing List Archive

ub20.04 with xen-4.12.1 hybrid setup success
List,

Latest Ubuntu focal 20.04 setup of xen.
I've attemped to build xen-4.12.1 multiple times, but always the
hypervisor fails to boot.

I tried with default gcc-9, then gcc-8, but no difference.

I've had full success with a similar build in Buster (gcc-8) so I
decided to go hybrid and copy over the deb10 hypervisor to focal.

Both builds have the 3 LZ4 patches from
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2019-12/msg00256.html

The hybrid setup boots and works perfectly. The default focal kernel
also boots as pv domU - no more LZ4 decompression failures.

I have no explanation for the focal hypervisor failure.
What can I try next to get focal hypervisor working?

cheers,
PryMar56