Mailing List Archive

Create Snapshots under Xen
Hello everbody,

i am new in xen and i have a question, i think it is offtopic, but maybe not ;)

At Home i use Fedora Raw with xen Version 4.12. I am using the Combination Xen and Virt-Manager.

Everything is working fine on the machine but i can not find in the Virt-Manager a way to create a
snapshot.

The function will not work and "man xl" tells me nothing to create a snapshot out of the box. I find
an article from Sander Van Vugt from 2009 who to create a snapshot under Xen.

This works fine, but why is there no xl command to create a snapshot? I also using KVM with the
virsh tools and there is a command to create a snapshot:

virsh snapshot-create-as --domain ....

I was thinking, maybe wrong distribution. But with debain Buster it is the same. :(

So, can anybody tell me what the correct way is to create a snapshot under Xen and why there is no
integrated function under the xl command?

Thanks a lot

Regards

DirkĀ