Mailing List Archive

Profiling Guest Domains
Hello,

I'm seeking information on a way to profile guest domains compatible with
Intel Skylake (x86-64) within a symmetric multiprocessor system. I've tried
using OProfile 0.9.5 with the Xenoprof 0.9.5 patch to collect the number of
clock cycles, the number of instructions, and the number of L3 cache
hits/misses in a specific period of time, but I receive errors indicating
OProfile is not supported by the kernel, architecture, or processors of the
system.

Are there any recommendations for compatible tools to collect this
information from guest domains? If not, are there any recommendations for a
new compatible system?

Thank you,
Brandon