Mailing List Archive

What is Xen Project dom0-less?
Good morning from Singapore,

May I know what is Xen Project dom0-less?

Thank you.

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

-----END EMAIL SIGNATURE-----
Re: What is Xen Project dom0-less? [ In reply to ]
Hello,

See Stefano talk from latest Xen summit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrtV6gyHW74

"This talk will introduce Dom0-less: a new way of using Xen to build
mixed-criticality solutions. Dom0-less is a Xen feature that adds a
novel approach to static partitioning based on virtualization. It
allows multiple domains to start at boot time directly from the Xen
hypervisor, decreasing boot times dramatically. Xen userspace tools,
such as xl and libvirt, become optional.
Dom0-less extends the existing device tree based Xen boot protocol to
cover information required by additional domains. Binaries, such as
kernels and ramdisks, are loaded by the bootloader (u-boot) and
advertised to Xen via new device tree bindings. The audience will
learn how to use Dom0-less to partition the system. Uboot and device
tree configuration details will be explained to enable the audience to
get the most out of this feature. The talk will include a status
update and details on future plans.

Thanks

Re: What is Xen Project dom0-less? [ In reply to ]
With Xen Dom0less, hypervisor can run without any OS?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 4:01 PM, Viktor Mitin<viktor.mitin.19@gmail.com> wrote: Hello,