Hello Xen folks.When Xen Dom0-less will be complete? It just for ARM processors?
Thanks.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Re: When Xen Dom0-less will be complete? [ In reply to ]

What specifically isn't answered by https://xenbits.xenproject.org/docs/unstable/features/dom0less.html?

Re: When Xen Dom0-less will be complete? [ In reply to ]
Very simply put:

- is anyone still working on this after the first release
- has anyone tried it out and found it easy/doable/hard?
- Is it gonna see continuous maintenance
- will anyone work on the things listed as limitations or is it waiting for
contribs. If waiting, has anything been done to get those?
- Is it supposed to be around for more than a year
- Is it seeing some testing so one could assume it works now, and it works
in 3 years

Basically the standard checklist for "you are looking at a Xen feature and
would like to know if it'll be forgotten about like dozens before"

Hope that helped to understand a few things that are missing at the given
doc page.

Re: When Xen Dom0-less will be complete? [ In reply to ]
On 7/13/19 10:08 AM, Florian Heigl wrote:
> Sarah Newman <srn@prgmr.com> schrieb am Fr., 12. Juli 2019, 21:16:
>
>> On 7/1/19 8:14 AM, Jason Long wrote:
>>> Hello Xen folks.When Xen Dom0-less will be complete? It just for ARM
>> processors?
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> What specifically isn't answered by
>> https://xenbits.xenproject.org/docs/unstable/features/dom0less.html?
> Very simply put:
>
> - is anyone still working on this after the first release
> - has anyone tried it out and found it easy/doable/hard?
> - Is it gonna see continuous maintenance
> - will anyone work on the things listed as limitations or is it waiting for
> contribs. If waiting, has anything been done to get those?
> - Is it supposed to be around for more than a year
> - Is it seeing some testing so one could assume it works now, and it works
> in 3 years
>
> Basically the standard checklist for "you are looking at a Xen feature and
> would like to know if it'll be forgotten about like dozens before"
>
> Hope that helped to understand a few things that are missing at the given
> doc page.

I'm not sure how much of that information is appropriate to be checked into git or if it should go on the wiki instead. I'll try to figure that out.
In the meantime you may be interested in https://static.sched.com/hosted_files/xensummit19/13/Dom0less%20-%20Xen%20Summit%202019.pdf

--Sarah

Re: When Xen Dom0-less will be complete? [ In reply to ]
Thank you.Yes, they are working on it and I guess some automotive companies contributing too.

Re: When Xen Dom0-less will be complete? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Please be aware that Xen Arm64 Qemu with U-boot dom0 and dom0less work
examples can be found at [1]. It has been checked that latest Xen
staging and xen release 4.12 code works well with it. Please note: use
Linux kernels 4.15 or newer in case of xen release 4.12 code.

Thanks a lot to Stefano, Julien and others for help with this setup.

[1]: https://github.com/viktor-mitin/qemu_xen_testing

Thanks

Re: When Xen Dom0-less will be complete? [ In reply to ]
I intend to support it going forward, and my employer cares about this
feature too.

Upstream Xen is missing device assignment for dom0less VMs, which is a
key feature, however the patch series was sent to the list, I have been
too busy to follow up on the review comments yet. (Device assignment is
available in its current form in the Xilinx Xen tree.) I am also working
on a set of scripts to make dom0less easier to use.

Thanks for Viktor we might be getting automated tests for it too.