Mailing List Archive

Xen destroys a DomU
Hi,

I use Xen for several years on Debian. Now I use Xen 4.4 on Debian Jessie. My
DomU-s are Linux, and I have one Windows 2012 server DomU. After a power failure
the Windows Server DomU didn't start properly: after a while Xen destroys it. It
turned out to me that when I disable vif, it works again. Ok, but it
is useless in this
way...
Log:

Waiting for domain srv9 (domid 38) to die [pid 26757]
Domain 38 has shut down, reason code 3 0x3
Action for shutdown reason code 3 is destroy
Domain 38 needs to be cleaned up: destroying the domain
Done. Exiting now

DomU cfg:

builder='hvm'
memory = 4400
vcpus = '1'
cpus = '2'

# Should be at least 2KB per MB of domain memory, plus a few MB per vcpu.
shadow_memory = 15
name = "srv9"
vif = [ 'mac=AA:AA:AA:AA:AA:AA,bridge=xenbr0' ]
acpi = 1
apic = 1

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/xygroup/srv9sys,hda,w','phy:/dev/xygroup/srv9data,hdb,w',
'file:/mnt/data/Windows_Server_2012_R2_Magyar_x64.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

device_model_version = "qemu-xen"

boot="dc"
sdl=0
vnc=1
vncconsole=1
vncpasswd=''
vnclisten='192.168.11.12'
serial='pty'
usbdevice='tablet'

(I changed the MAC address, and the IP address here)

Re: Xen destroys a DomU [ In reply to ]
I did a fresh install. When the base system is installed, after
reboot, it crashes at device installation. I disabled the vif,
installed PV drivers v8.1.0, then enabled vif again, but it crashes
again at boot, at device installation.