Mailing List Archive

Providing MAC address when using PCI-passthrough/SR-IOV
Hi,

finally I was able to configure SR-IOV correctly on a CentOS 7 system
with Xen 4.10 using the XL-toolstack.

Running on two interfaces, one as bridge through Dom0 and the other on
as passthrough PCI NIC, I'm not able to set the MAC address for the PCI
NIC using SR-IOV for sharing the virtual interfaces.

On every reboot my guest get's a new MAC address and thus is failing to
start the network and I have no idea how to configure a fixed MAC in the
config-file for the XL-toolstack.

My current config looks as follows:

name = "centos7-64"
uuid = "xxx"
maxmem = 1024
memory = 1024
vcpus = 1
bootloader = "pygrub"
on_poweroff = "destroy"
on_reboot = "restart"
on_crash = "restart"
vfb = [ "type=vnc,vncunused=1,keymap=de" ]
vif = [ "mac=00:16:11:22:33:44,bridge=virbr0,script=vif-bridge" ]
pci = [ "0000:20:10.0" ]
disk = [ "raw:/srv/xen/img/centos7-64.img,xvda,w" ]

I tried several config-options in libvirt XML-configs and tried to
convert them in to xl.cfg, but I had no success with that.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot,
--

Kind regards,