Mailing List Archive

Installing xen on ubuntu 18.04
Hi !
I tried installing xen on ubuntu 18.04 and followed the instructions on
drakvuf.com (I want to install drakvuf, after launching xen).
But every time I select xen hypervisor, after the update-grub and reboot I
hit the purple screen of death.
So, I changed the default settings to only `dom0_mem=1024M,max:2048M`, for
the GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT in the /etc/default/grub
and rebooted again. I have enabled legacy boot in the bios settings, and
disabled secure boot.
This time I get a purple screen with the ubuntu logo at the bottom of the
screen, and it gets stuck. (the mouse pointer too appears at the bottom,
but gets stuck)
I think the main problem is the fact I have nvidia gfx card, for which I
have had to add `nouveau.modeset=0`.
This has caused problems before too. Is there any solution for this ?
I have been at it for 3 days straight now so, any help would be appreciated
a lot !
Thanks
Anurag