and qemu-debootstrap, is this the right way?

--
Regards, Denis Obrezkov
Re: Can't get xen.efi for arm32 [ In reply to ]
On 2/25/19 9:45 PM, Denis Obrezkov wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I am trying to get xen.efi for arm 32 with xen-4.11.1. I built it on
> debian, x64. But I didn't get xen.efi. I was suggested to use pbuilder
> and qemu-debootstrap, is this the right way?

There are no EFI support for Arm32 in Xen so far. Are you using UEFI or
U-Boot?

Julien Grall

Re: Can't get xen.efi for arm32 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

>> I am trying to get xen.efi for arm 32 with xen-4.11.1. I built it on
>> debian, x64. But I didn't get xen.efi. I was suggested to use pbuilder
>> and qemu-debootstrap, is this the right way?
> There are no EFI support for Arm32 in Xen so far. Are you using UEFI
> or U-Boot?

I was trying to use UEFI. I was following this guide:
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/qemu-system-aarch64

since, I wasn't able to find a guide for arm on qemu.

> Cheers,

-- Regards, Denis Obrezkov

Re: Can't get xen.efi for arm32 [ In reply to ]
On 26/02/2019 07:06, Denis Obrezkov wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

>>> I am trying to get xen.efi for arm 32 with xen-4.11.1. I built it on
>>> debian, x64. But I didn't get xen.efi. I was suggested to use pbuilder
>>> and qemu-debootstrap, is this the right way?
>> There are no EFI support for Arm32 in Xen so far. Are you using UEFI
>> or U-Boot?
>
> I was trying to use UEFI. I was following this guide:
> https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/qemu-system-aarch64
>
> since, I wasn't able to find a guide for arm on qemu.

AFAIK QEMU does not support virtualization for Arm32. If you want to try Xen on
QEMU, then you would use to use Arm64.

Julien Grall