I think , DomU's image can be smaller compared to Dom0, right ?
Can you please share your comments on this.

Thank you very much for the noble work.

Regards,
Onkar

PS :
Also if there are any interesting projects on Block I/O
that you notice then please let me know.
Re: Thank you for your support. [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 12:46:19PM +0530, Onkar Mahajan wrote:
> Hi Pasi,

Hello,

> After lots of reboots & compilations & relentless efforts for
> almost 4 months; I finally got it right today.
> I booted in for the first time , the pvops kernel. Now I want to
> concentrate on some real
> projects to work on - preferably on block I/O. But before that , I want
> your suggestion on optimizing
> the size of my dom0 and domU.
> I think , DomU's image can be smaller compared to Dom0, right ?
> Can you please share your comments on this.

It really depends what you want to do on dom0.. and if you're using shared storage
for the VMs or not.

Basicly dom0 is just a "service console", so it doesn't need much disk space
or memory.

You need to store the VMs somewhere though.. on NFS server, on LVM volumegroup,
on SAN, or whatever you prefer.. and that's where you usually want to have
the most (free) space.

> Thank you very much for the noble work.
>
> Regards,
> Onkar
>
> PS :
> Also if there are any interesting projects on Block I/O
> that you notice then please let me know.

What kind of projects?

-- Pasi