Mailing List Archive

[Xen-devel] Xen Initiative
Of late i discovered that for a newbie - It's not that ( as compared to
VMWare ESX)

straightforward to install Xen and start researching on it. The root cause
of this is that , there is

not proper step-by-step documentation that works. I don't say there is no
documentation

; there is , but it's scattered & not obivious.There are few of my friends
who could

not make dom0 run for couple of months and then gave up.

So , I want to take an initiative to very well document Xen
installation & configuration

so that it becomes a definitive guide for anyone who likes to play with Xen.

I hope to get a lot of help from the Xen developers/researchers and
experienced

Xen administrators.

Regards,
Onkar
Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Initiative [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:31:51PM +0530, Onkar Mahajan wrote:
> Link: [1]File-List
> Link: [2]themeData
> Link: [3]colorSchemeMapping
>
> Of late i discovered that for a newbie - It's not that ( as compared to
> VMWare ESX)
>
> straightforward to install Xen and start researching on it. The root cause
> of this is that , there is
>
> not proper step-by-step documentation that works. I don't say there is no
> documentation
>
> ; there is , but it's scattered & not obivious.There are few of my friends
> who could
>
> not make dom0 run for couple of months and then gave up.
>
> So , I want to take an initiative to very well document Xen installation
> &* configuration
>
> so that it becomes a definitive guide for anyone who likes to play with
> Xen.
>
> *
>
> I hope to get a lot of help from the Xen developers/researchers and
> experienced
>
> Xen administrators.

That's a good thing to do! I'd suggest you to create yourself an account
to Xen wiki, and ask Stephen Spector to give you edit permissions.

Then you can create a new wiki page and start documenting!

We have a Xen 4.0 'release notes' wiki page here:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen4.0

You could start with filling that page!

btw. Xen wiki mainpage now has links to the new recently created wiki pages.

-- Pasi

Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Initiative [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your co-operation Pasi.

Regards,
Onkar