Mailing List Archive

Re: Xen 3.0.5 with 2.6.20? Re: How to build xen with a newer kernel?
Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>> Also, xen-unstable.hg itself was finally upgraded to 2.6.18 so the
>> next 3.0.5 release will be much closer to current upstream, although
>> it'd be nice to see it go all the way to 2.6.20 and then actively
>> track each new upstream stable release.
>
> Xen dev's --
>
> Just curious, what are the chances that we will see Xen 3.0.5 released
> with an upgrade to 2.6.20, now that 2.6.20 is finally out? It would be
> great to be able to support a newer kernel for those of us that are
> using RedHat Cluster. :) It'd also mean I could run Xen on my laptop,
> since it's fairly bleeding-edge and needs some bits from 2.6.20 to run
> properly. *grin*

After upgrading to Xen-unstable using 2.6.18, Xen doesn't freeze for me
anymore (it used to do so on some machines with Xen 3.0.4 and lower).

I can only wonder if it was Xen that got fixed, or fixes in Linux kernel?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org