Mailing List Archive

PNPACPI dependency removal on TCG_TIS
Could anyone shed any light on that change to drivers/char/tpm/Kconfig?

Thanks, Jan

Re: PNPACPI dependency removal on TCG_TIS [ In reply to ]
The TPM driver directory was upgraded by Stefan Berger while we were still
on 2.6.16 (c/s 10523) and the Kconfig was not touched during the upgrade to
2.6.18. I've cc'ed Stefan for confirmation, but my suspicion is that this
difference versus native is unintentional and should be fixed.

-- Keir

Re: PNPACPI dependency removal on TCG_TIS [ In reply to ]
Keir, Jan,

I imported the 2.6.17 tpm.c, tpm.h and Kconfig while we were at 2.6.16
because of API features I explained here:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-10/msg00286.html

Now this is stale. I will send you a patch that allows us to just use
tpm.c from the plain kernel and patches tpm.h and Kconfig so that the
xen-specific TPM driver can actually be compiled. Changes are needed here.
This will be a patch I put into the 'patches' directory and that will have
to be carried along for a while. Is that ok?

Stefan

Re: PNPACPI dependency removal on TCG_TIS [ In reply to ]
On 12/2/07 12:02, "Stefan Berger" <stefanb@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Now this is stale. I will send you a patch that allows us to just use tpm.c
> from the plain kernel and patches tpm.h and Kconfig so that the xen-specific
> TPM driver can actually be compiled. Changes are needed here. This will be a
> patch I put into the 'patches' directory and that will have to be carried
> along for a while. Is that ok?

Can you just bring them up to 2.6.18 and avoid needing a separate patch in
the patches directory?

-- Keir
Re: PNPACPI dependency removal on TCG_TIS [ In reply to ]
Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote on 02/12/2007 07:03:57 AM:

> On 12/2/07 12:02, "Stefan Berger" <stefanb@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Now this is stale. I will send you a patch that allows us to just
> use tpm.c from the plain kernel and patches tpm.h and Kconfig so
> that the xen-specific TPM driver can actually be compiled. Changes
> are needed here. This will be a patch I put into the 'patches'
> directory and that will have to be carried along for a while. Is that
ok?

> Can you just bring them up to 2.6.18 and avoid needing a separate
> patch in the patches directory?

Either way is fine. Though I'd like to remove the tpm.c and use the one
from the plain kernel instead and remove some changes from tpm.h as well.
This should not affect applications.

Stefan

Re: PNPACPI dependency removal on TCG_TIS [ In reply to ]
On 12/2/07 13:57, "Stefan Berger" <stefanb@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>> > Can you just bring them up to 2.6.18 and avoid needing a separate
>> > patch in the patches directory?
>
> Either way is fine. Though I'd like to remove the tpm.c and use the one from
> the plain kernel instead and remove some changes from tpm.h as well. This
> should not affect applications.

Fine. Anything that takes us towards plain 2.6.18 files is good and doesn¹t
need to go in the patches/ directory. It will simply reduce our diff.

-- Keir