Mailing List Archive

Additions to documentation section 2.1 (Prerequisites)
Hi xen developers!

Well I am following the DISCLAIMER on the begining of the documentation and
"reporting" things I think could be added to the xen 3.0 documentation.

I am not a member of the list so please add my e-mail in any replys :-)

I am building xen-3.0.3_0 from source and followed the instructions on
Section 2.1 (Pre-requisites). The build didn't work "-lcrypto not found"
so I installed libssl-dev package and made the world again! Then I get
another "X11/keysymdef.h not found" error, so I installed x-dev.

Also, installing sdl-dev is very good before building xen ;-)

One other thing that could be very helpfull is using -j feature of make to
speed the build. For instance I didn't have the kernel, so using "make -j 2
world" continued building the code while the linux-2.6.xx.tar.bz2 was beeing
downloaded.

Maybe the section 2.1 contains pre-requisites required only for "binary"
installs, but in that case it should "mention" that when build from source
there are other dependencies.

[s]
krico