Mailing List Archive

[Xen-users] Re: xen and latency - sending faxes via capi (fritzcard USB in domU)
Am Sonntag, 5. November 2006 17:30 schrieb Emmanuel Ackaouy:
> This is odd. If there isn't much load on the box, then it
> shouldn't matter very much which scheduler is being used.
>
> Since BVT was removed from unstable some time ago, I assume
> that your transition from BVT to Credit involved other changes
> or perhaps that you're running an older version of the credit
> scheduler. As Ian pointed out, there have been a few changes
> in the credit scheduler recently and many since BVT was
> removed which may be relevant here.
>
> What version of BVT and credit are you running?

On 21. October I switched from bvt to credit, because I didn't spend much time in tuning the sedf scheduler. I've never used the sedf scheduler in production.
I think that was the bvt scheduler from xen unstable from 20061011.

I tried to use current xen unstable, but PCI passthrough doesn't work with my config.

Johnny

Re: xen and latency - sending faxes via capi (fritzcard USB in domU) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 05:53:19PM +0100, Hans-Christian Armingeon wrote:
> > What version of BVT and credit are you running?
>
> On 21. October I switched from bvt to credit, because I didn't spend much time in tuning the sedf scheduler. I've never used the sedf scheduler in production.
> I think that was the bvt scheduler from xen unstable from 20061011.

I don't get it.

BVT was removed from xen-unstable in late August:

changeset: 11241:26b673aeff8b
user: kfraser@localhost.localdomain
date: Wed Aug 23 17:14:38 2006 +0100
summary: Remove all traces of the obsolete BVT scheduler.

[Xen-users] Re: xen and latency - sending faxes via capi (fritzcard USB in domU) [ In reply to ]
Am Sonntag, 5. November 2006 18:09 schrieb Emmanuel Ackaouy:
> On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 05:53:19PM +0100, Hans-Christian Armingeon wrote:
> > > What version of BVT and credit are you running?
> >
> > On 21. October I switched from bvt to credit, because I didn't spend much time in tuning the sedf scheduler. I've never used the sedf scheduler in production.
> > I think that was the bvt scheduler from xen unstable from 20061011.
>
> I don't get it.
>
> BVT was removed from xen-unstable in late August:

Well, I changed the removed the sched=bvt about this time.

Johnny