Mailing List Archive

Migration Errors
Hi,
I am trying to migrate a domain (testDomain) from node1 to node2.

Here is some information about the problem:

node1#: xm migrate testDomain node2

After the command is executed, there is some communication between the node1 and node2 Xen hosts.

xfrd daemon (which is forked by xend) is primarily responsible for vm migration and there is error in its log (/var/log/xfrd.log)

The exact error is (on node2):
Unrecognised state format -- no signature found (The logs at node1 show that the state of the domain was sent but error was received)

On node1:
/var/log/xend-debug.log:
clientConnectionLost> connector= <twisted.internet.tcp.Connector instance at 0x40a1160c> reason= [Failure instance: Traceback: twisted.internet.error.ConnectionDone, Connection was closed cleanly.
(It seems "Twisted" is giving errors in the internet connection. Twisted is a pre-requisite required by Xen, and is used to write network applications.)

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks,

Amitabh

Re: Migration Errors [ In reply to ]
Hi,

This is most likely the same problem as I have, you will find that xm
save doesn't work either.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/5859/
match=arthur+bergman

is the thread that I describe this, I am stuck now because I don't know
how to get the required debugging information.

the segfault is inside libxc called from xfrd

Cheers

-----
CTO @ Fotango Ltd
+447834716919