Mailing List Archive

pinning dom0 cpu
Hi everyone,

I'm running Xen on an SMP machine. Couple of things:

a) is dom0 pinned to a particular CPU? if so which? can I control the choice?

b) with the 2.6.10 Xenolinux kernel, cat /proc/cpuinfo shows only a
single CPU on my SMP machine. Is this a known problem/behavior?

c) if I understand correctly, the BVT scheduler parameters are CPU
specific -- they don't aggregate over the machine. So if I assign some
weights to domains, they will work properly if both domains are pinned
to the same CPU. Is that correct?

TiA!
--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker

RE: pinning dom0 cpu [ In reply to ]
> I'm running Xen on an SMP machine. Couple of things:
>
> a) is dom0 pinned to a particular CPU? if so which? can I
> control the choice?

Yes, use xm pincpu.

> b) with the 2.6.10 Xenolinux kernel, cat /proc/cpuinfo shows only a
> single CPU on my SMP machine. Is this a known problem/behavior?

With Xen 2.x each individual domain can only be uniprocessor. The
unstable tree contains prototype SMP support.

> c) if I understand correctly, the BVT scheduler parameters are CPU
> specific -- they don't aggregate over the machine. So if I assign some
> weights to domains, they will work properly if both domains are pinned
> to the same CPU. Is that correct?

Yes, as it stands.

Ian