Mailing List Archive

Timer ISR backwards notices
I'm getting a lot of "Timer ISR: Time went backwards" printk's,
presumably thrown by xen's arch time.c (line 395 in
do_timer_interrupt).

Is there some info I can provide to the team about this condition? I
imagine there's little I or the Xen team could do about this. But
perhaps this alert is in there essentially as an assertion and
developers are very interested in this situation.

Otherwise, given that the box seems to run fine otherwise (except for
presumably poor time resolution), I feel like shutting this up. Are
there any approaches to managing xen's printk or perhaps I should just
maintain a local patch to comment out this notice?

Platform is an old vmware 4.

-- jared@wordzoo.com

"Tiger gotta hunt. Bird gotta fly.
Man gotta sit and wonder why, why, why.
Tiger gotta sleep. Bird gotta land.
Man gotta tell himself he understand." -- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.