linaro as base (https://builds.96boards.org/releases/hikey/linaro/debian/latest/)
and that boots fine both from the SD card directly and through
startup.nsh. However, when I try to boot Xen I see only the following:

Xen 4.7.0-rc (c/s Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty) EFI loader
Using configuration file 'xen.cfg'
Image: 0x000000007a121000-0x000000007acb8a70

After that no output and dom0 never comes online on the network
either. I tried compiling Xen on the device itself in case it was a
problem with my cross-compile setup but no difference. Also with and
without debug=y. Any tips on what might be going wrong here?

Thanks,
Tamas

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
On 01/06/2016 18:10, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Tamas,

> following the steps from http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/HiKey I'm unable to
> get the board to boot Xen. I'm using the Debian reference image from
> linaro as base (https://builds.96boards.org/releases/hikey/linaro/debian/latest/)
> and that boots fine both from the SD card directly and through
> startup.nsh. However, when I try to boot Xen I see only the following:
>
> Xen 4.7.0-rc (c/s Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty) EFI loader
> Using configuration file 'xen.cfg'
> Image: 0x000000007a121000-0x000000007acb8a70
>
> After that no output and dom0 never comes online on the network
> either. I tried compiling Xen on the device itself in case it was a
> problem with my cross-compile setup but no difference. Also with and
> without debug=y. Any tips on what might be going wrong here?

I gave a quick look at the upstream device-tree of the hikey, the path
/smb/uart@f7113000.

If you use the upstream device-tree, it should be able to find the
correct UART via "stdout-path" and therefore dtuart=... should not be
necessary.

Let me know if it works for you, and I will update the wiki page.

Julien Grall

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
> On 01/06/2016 18:10, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>

> Hi Tamas,
>
>> following the steps from http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/HiKey I'm unable to
>> get the board to boot Xen. I'm using the Debian reference image from
>> linaro as base
>> (https://builds.96boards.org/releases/hikey/linaro/debian/latest/)
>> and that boots fine both from the SD card directly and through
>> startup.nsh. However, when I try to boot Xen I see only the following:
>>
>> Xen 4.7.0-rc (c/s Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty) EFI
>> loader
>> Using configuration file 'xen.cfg'
>> Image: 0x000000007a121000-0x000000007acb8a70
>>
>> After that no output and dom0 never comes online on the network
>> either. I tried compiling Xen on the device itself in case it was a
>> problem with my cross-compile setup but no difference. Also with and
>> without debug=y. Any tips on what might be going wrong here?
>

> I gave a quick look at the upstream device-tree of the hikey, the path
> /smb/uart@f7113000.
>
> If you use the upstream device-tree, it should be able to find the correct
> UART via "stdout-path" and therefore dtuart=... should not be necessary.
>
> Let me know if it works for you, and I will update the wiki page.

No, I removed the dtuart=... part from xen.cfg but there is no
difference in the output and dom0 never comes up on the network
either.

Tamas

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
Hi Tamas,

On 02/06/16 02:09, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
>> On 01/06/2016 18:10, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> following the steps from http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/HiKey I'm unable to
>>> get the board to boot Xen. I'm using the Debian reference image from
>>> linaro as base
>>> (https://builds.96boards.org/releases/hikey/linaro/debian/latest/)
>>> and that boots fine both from the SD card directly and through
>>> startup.nsh. However, when I try to boot Xen I see only the following:
>>>
>>> Xen 4.7.0-rc (c/s Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty) EFI
>>> loader
>>> Using configuration file 'xen.cfg'
>>> Image: 0x000000007a121000-0x000000007acb8a70
>>>
>>> After that no output and dom0 never comes online on the network
>>> either. I tried compiling Xen on the device itself in case it was a
>>> problem with my cross-compile setup but no difference. Also with and
>>> without debug=y. Any tips on what might be going wrong here?
>>

>> I gave a quick look at the upstream device-tree of the hikey, the path
>> /smb/uart@f7113000.
>>
>> If you use the upstream device-tree, it should be able to find the correct
>> UART via "stdout-path" and therefore dtuart=... should not be necessary.
>>
>> Let me know if it works for you, and I will update the wiki page.
>
> No, I removed the dtuart=... part from xen.cfg but there is no
> difference in the output and dom0 never comes up on the network
> either.

Which device-tree are you using?

Julien Grall

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
On 6/1/2016 6:09 PM, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
>> On 01/06/2016 18:10, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>

>> Hi Tamas,
>>
>>> following the steps from http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/HiKey I'm unable to
>>> get the board to boot Xen. I'm using the Debian reference image from
>>> linaro as base
>>> (https://builds.96boards.org/releases/hikey/linaro/debian/latest/)
>>> and that boots fine both from the SD card directly and through
>>> startup.nsh. However, when I try to boot Xen I see only the following:
>>>
>>> Xen 4.7.0-rc (c/s Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty) EFI
>>> loader
>>> Using configuration file 'xen.cfg'
>>> Image: 0x000000007a121000-0x000000007acb8a70
>>>
>>> After that no output and dom0 never comes online on the network
>>> either. I tried compiling Xen on the device itself in case it was a
>>> problem with my cross-compile setup but no difference. Also with and
>>> without debug=y. Any tips on what might be going wrong here?
>>

>> I gave a quick look at the upstream device-tree of the hikey, the path
>> /smb/uart@f7113000.
>>
>> If you use the upstream device-tree, it should be able to find the correct
>> UART via "stdout-path" and therefore dtuart=... should not be necessary.
>>
>> Let me know if it works for you, and I will update the wiki page.
>
> No, I removed the dtuart=... part from xen.cfg but there is no
> difference in the output and dom0 never comes up on the network
> either.

Hi Tamas,

My xen.cfg for Hikey is like this:

options=dom0_mem=1024M dom0_max_vcpus=8 conswitch=x console=dtuart
dtuart=/smb/uart@f7113000
kernel=Image console=hvc root=/dev/mmcblk0p9 rootwait rw 3
dtb=hi6220-hikey.dtb

hope this could help you.

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Chenxiao Zhao <chenxiao.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/1/2016 6:09 PM, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:

>>> Hi Tamas,

>>> I gave a quick look at the upstream device-tree of the hikey, the path
>>> /smb/uart@f7113000.
>>>
>>> If you use the upstream device-tree, it should be able to find the
>>> correct
>>> UART via "stdout-path" and therefore dtuart=... should not be necessary.
>>>
>>> Let me know if it works for you, and I will update the wiki page.
>>

>> No, I removed the dtuart=... part from xen.cfg but there is no
>> difference in the output and dom0 never comes up on the network
>> either.
>

> Hi Tamas,
>
> My xen.cfg for Hikey is like this:
>
> options=dom0_mem=1024M dom0_max_vcpus=8 conswitch=x console=dtuart
> dtuart=/smb/uart@f7113000
> kernel=Image console=hvc root=/dev/mmcblk0p9 rootwait rw 3
> dtb=hi6220-hikey.dtb
>
> hope this could help you.

Ah, thank you! Yes, the fact that the dtb goes in a third line in the
cfg was missing! Should be put on wiki! I finally see Xen booting but
dom0 still doesn't start.

Tamas

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
> On 01/06/2016 18:10, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>

> Hi Tamas,
>
>> following the steps from http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/HiKey I'm unable to
>> get the board to boot Xen. I'm using the Debian reference image from
>> linaro as base
>> (https://builds.96boards.org/releases/hikey/linaro/debian/latest/)
>> and that boots fine both from the SD card directly and through
>> startup.nsh. However, when I try to boot Xen I see only the following:
>>
>> Xen 4.7.0-rc (c/s Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty) EFI
>> loader
>> Using configuration file 'xen.cfg'
>> Image: 0x000000007a121000-0x000000007acb8a70
>>
>> After that no output and dom0 never comes online on the network
>> either. I tried compiling Xen on the device itself in case it was a
>> problem with my cross-compile setup but no difference. Also with and
>> without debug=y. Any tips on what might be going wrong here?
>

> I gave a quick look at the upstream device-tree of the hikey, the path
> /smb/uart@f7113000.
>
> If you use the upstream device-tree, it should be able to find the correct
> UART via "stdout-path" and therefore dtuart=... should not be necessary.
>
> Let me know if it works for you, and I will update the wiki page.

It doesn't unfortunately, without specifying dtuart=... I still see no
Xen output.

Tamas

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
On 02/06/16 17:53, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Chenxiao Zhao <chenxiao.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, I removed the dtuart=... part from xen.cfg but there is no
>>> difference in the output and dom0 never comes up on the network
>>> either.
>>

>> Hi Tamas,
>>
>> My xen.cfg for Hikey is like this:
>>
>> options=dom0_mem=1024M dom0_max_vcpus=8 conswitch=x console=dtuart
>> dtuart=/smb/uart@f7113000
>> kernel=Image console=hvc root=/dev/mmcblk0p9 rootwait rw 3
>> dtb=hi6220-hikey.dtb
>>
>> hope this could help you.
>
> Ah, thank you! Yes, the fact that the dtb goes in a third line in the
> cfg was missing! Should be put on wiki! I finally see Xen booting but
> dom0 still doesn't start.

Well, the firmware should provide a valid device-tree, and therefore
"dtb=..." should not be necessary.

The way forward is too check why the UEFI firmware does not provide a
Device Tree (or maybe the DT path to the UART is different).

Julien Grall

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:

> On 02/06/16 17:53, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Chenxiao Zhao <chenxiao.zhao@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Tamas,
>>>
>>> My xen.cfg for Hikey is like this:
>>>
>>> options=dom0_mem=1024M dom0_max_vcpus=8 conswitch=x console=dtuart
>>> dtuart=/smb/uart@f7113000
>>> kernel=Image console=hvc root=/dev/mmcblk0p9 rootwait rw 3
>>> dtb=hi6220-hikey.dtb
>>>
>>> hope this could help you.
>>

>> Ah, thank you! Yes, the fact that the dtb goes in a third line in the
>> cfg was missing! Should be put on wiki! I finally see Xen booting but
>> dom0 still doesn't start.
>

> Well, the firmware should provide a valid device-tree, and therefore
> "dtb=..." should not be necessary.
>
> The way forward is too check why the UEFI firmware does not provide a Device
> Tree (or maybe the DT path to the UART is different).

The UEFI firmware is the stock one that came with it.

Tamas

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Tamas K Lengyel
<tamas.k.lengyel@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 02/06/16 17:53, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:

>>> Ah, thank you! Yes, the fact that the dtb goes in a third line in the
>>> cfg was missing! Should be put on wiki! I finally see Xen booting but
>>> dom0 still doesn't start.
>>

>> Well, the firmware should provide a valid device-tree, and therefore
>> "dtb=..." should not be necessary.
>>
>> The way forward is too check why the UEFI firmware does not provide a Device
>> Tree (or maybe the DT path to the UART is different).
>>

> The UEFI firmware is the stock one that came with it.

So the stock kernel from the debian image doesn't boot with Xen and
produces no output. Having it up for a couple minutes made the board
quite hot as well. With the 4.1 kernel and associated dtb suggested on
the Wiki I get the following crash:

Xen 4.7.0-rc (c/s Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty) EFI loader
Using configuration file 'xen.cfg'
hi6220-hikey.dtb: 0x000000007acaf000-0x000000007acba6e0
Image: 0x0000000079fb9000-0x000000007aca1c00
Xen 4.7.0-rc
(XEN) Xen version 4.7.0-rc (root@lan) (aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc
(Ubuntu/Linaro 5.3.1-14ubuntu2) 5.3.1 20160413) debug=n Wed Jun 1
03:22:25 UTC 2016
(XEN) Latest ChangeSet: Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty
(XEN) Processor: 410fd033: "ARM Limited", variant: 0x0, part 0xd03, rev 0x3
(XEN) 64-bit Execution:
(XEN) Processor Features: 0000000000002222 0000000000000000
(XEN) Exception Levels: EL3:64+32 EL2:64+32 EL1:64+32 EL0:64+32
(XEN) Extensions: FloatingPoint AdvancedSIMD
(XEN) Debug Features: 0000000010305106 0000000000000000
(XEN) Auxiliary Features: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
(XEN) Memory Model Features: 0000000000001122 0000000000000000
(XEN) ISA Features: 0000000000011120 0000000000000000
(XEN) 32-bit Execution:
(XEN) Processor Features: 00000131:00011011
(XEN) Instruction Sets: AArch32 A32 Thumb Thumb-2 Jazelle
(XEN) Extensions: GenericTimer Security
(XEN) Debug Features: 03010066
(XEN) Auxiliary Features: 00000000
(XEN) Memory Model Features: 10101105 40000000 01260000 02102211
(XEN) ISA Features: 02101110 13112111 21232042 01112131 00011142 00011121
(XEN) Using PSCI-1.0 for SMP bringup
(XEN) Generic Timer IRQ: phys=30 hyp=26 virt=27 Freq: 1200 KHz
(XEN) GICv2 initialization:
(XEN) gic_dist_addr=00000000f6801000
(XEN) gic_cpu_addr=00000000f6802000
(XEN) gic_hyp_addr=00000000f6804000
(XEN) gic_vcpu_addr=00000000f6806000
(XEN) gic_maintenance_irq=25
(XEN) GICv2: 160 lines, 8 cpus, secure (IID 0200143b).
(XEN) Using scheduler: SMP Credit Scheduler (credit)
(XEN) Allocated console ring of 64 KiB.
(XEN) Bringing up CPU1
(XEN) CPU 1 booted.
(XEN) Bringing up CPU2
(XEN) CPU 2 booted.
(XEN) Bringing up CPU3
(XEN) CPU 3 booted.
(XEN) Bringing up CPU4
(XEN) CPU 4 booted.
(XEN) Bringing up CPU5
(XEN) CPU 5 booted.
(XEN) Bringing up CPU6
(XEN) CPU 6 booted.
(XEN) Bringing up CPU7
(XEN) CPU 7 booted.
(XEN) Brought up 8 CPUs
(XEN) P2M: 40-bit IPA with 40-bit PA
(XEN) P2M: 3 levels with order-1 root, VTCR 0x80023558
(XEN) I/O virtualisation disabled
(XEN) *** LOADING DOMAIN 0 ***
(XEN) Loading kernel from boot module @ 0000000079fb9000
(XEN) Loading ramdisk from boot module @ 000000000ae00000
(XEN) Allocating 1:1 mappings totalling 512MB for dom0:
(XEN) BANK[0] 0x00000040000000-0x00000060000000 (512MB)
(XEN) Grant table range: 0x00000005c00000-0x00000005c55000
(XEN) Loading zImage from 0000000079fb9000 to 0000000040080000-0000000040d68c00
(XEN) Loading dom0 initrd from 000000000ae00000 to
0x0000000048200000-0x0000000048a00000
(XEN) Allocating PPI 16 for event channel interrupt
(XEN) Loading dom0 DTB to 0x0000000048000000-0x000000004800aed1
(XEN) Scrubbing Free RAM on 1 nodes using 8 CPUs
(XEN) ..done.
(XEN) Initial low memory virq threshold set at 0x4000 pages.
(XEN) Std. Loglevel: All
(XEN) Guest Loglevel: All
(XEN) *** Serial input -> DOM0 (type 'CTRL-x' three times to switch
input to Xen)
(XEN) Freed 280kB init memory.
(XEN) Hypervisor Trap. HSR=0x96000006 EC=0x25 IL=1 Syndrome=0x6
(XEN) CPU0: Unexpected Trap: Hypervisor
(XEN) ----[ Xen-4.7.0-rc arm64 debug=n Not tainted ]----
(XEN) CPU: 0
(XEN) PC: 0000000000246494 xenmem_add_to_physmap_one+0x100/0x4e4
(XEN) LR: 00000000002463e8
(XEN) SP: 000080007aeefc80
(XEN) CPSR: 80000349 MODE:64-bit EL2h (Hypervisor, handler)
(XEN) X0: 0000000000000000 X1: 000000007ff3db70 X2: 0000000000000001
(XEN) X3: 0000000000000000 X4: 0000000000000000 X5: 0000000000000002
(XEN) X6: 00000000002f9a38 X7: 0000000000000000 X8: 0000000000005c00
(XEN) X9: 0000000000000000 X10: 0000800000000000 X11: 0000000000270000
(XEN) X12: 0000000000000000 X13: ffffffc000d70db5 X14: ffffffc080d70da7
(XEN) X15: 0000000000000010 X16: 000000000000000c X17: 0000000000000000
(XEN) X18: 0000000000000000 X19: 000080007ff53000 X20: 0000000000000000
(XEN) X21: 000080007ff53000 X22: 0000000000005c00 X23: 0000000080000045
(XEN) X24: ffffffc000db5998 X25: 0000000000000000 X26: 00000000002f9000
(XEN) X27: 0000000000000000 X28: ffffffc01a89fcb8 FP: 000080007aeefc80
(XEN)
(XEN) VTCR_EL2: 80023558
(XEN) VTTBR_EL2: 000100007aefa000
(XEN)
(XEN) SCTLR_EL2: 30cd183d
(XEN) HCR_EL2: 000000008038663f
(XEN) TTBR0_EL2: 0000000005ce6000
(XEN)
(XEN) ESR_EL2: 96000006
(XEN) HPFAR_EL2: 0000000000f68010
(XEN) FAR_EL2: 0000000000000000
(XEN)
(XEN) Xen stack trace from sp=000080007aeefc80:
(XEN) ffffffc01a89fc70 0000000000215ef8 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
(XEN) 000080007ff53000 0000000000000007 0000000080000045 ffffffc000db5998
(XEN) 0000000000214dc8 0000000000000000 000080007aeefeb0 000080007aee8000
(XEN) 000000005a000ea1 000080007aeefeb0 0000000080000045 ffffffc000db5998
(XEN) 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
(XEN) 000000000024baa8 0000000040ddb000 ffffffc000081220 0000000000000000
(XEN) 000000000024f6a8 0000000000000000 000000000024f844 000080007ff51880
(XEN) 000000000024f654 0000000008000000 000080007ff53498 000080007aeefe98
(XEN) 000080007aef6000 000000000024f1a0 0000000000000001 000080007aeeffb8
(XEN) 0000000093810047 0000000040ddb000 ffffffc000081220 0000000000000000
(XEN) 0000000000243fe0 000080007aeefdf0 0000000000000001 0000000100507ff0
(XEN) 0000000000000000 0000000000005c00 000000005a000ea1 000080007aee8000
(XEN) 000000005a000ea1 000080007aeefeb0 0000000080000045 ffffffc000db5998
(XEN) 000000005a000ea1 000000000024cdc0 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
(XEN) ffffffffffffffff ffffffc0000aa7a8 0000000080000045 ffffffc000db5998
(XEN) 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000252acc 000080007aef6de0
(XEN) 00000000000003c0 000000000024daec ffffffc000db5998 0000000000000000
(XEN) ffffffc000db5998 0000000000252ad0 0000000000000007 ffffffc01a89fcb8
(XEN) 0000000000005c00 ffffffc01a81c100 0000000000000000 dead000000000100
(XEN) ffffffc000bab290 ffffffc000bab278 ffffffc000bab260 ffffffbdc16a1e40
(XEN) 0000000005f5e0ff 0000000000000000 0000000000000004 ffffffc000d70db5
(XEN) ffffffc080d70da7 0000000000000010 000000000000000c 0000000000000000
(XEN) 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
(XEN) 0000000000000001 0000000000007ff0 ffffffc000db5998 0000000000000000
(XEN) 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ffffffc01a89fc70
(XEN) ffffffc0004ffee8 ffffffffffffffff ffffffc0000aa7a8 0000000080000045
(XEN) 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
(XEN) ffffffc01a89fc70 0000000000000000 f9404fe097ff4ba2 d2800020f9000013
(XEN) Xen call trace:
(XEN) [<0000000000246494>] xenmem_add_to_physmap_one+0x100/0x4e4 (PC)
(XEN) [<00000000002463e8>] xenmem_add_to_physmap_one+0x54/0x4e4 (LR)
(XEN) [<0000000000215ef8>] do_memory_op+0x1590/0x1fc8
(XEN)
(XEN)
(XEN) ****************************************
(XEN) Panic on CPU 0:
(XEN) CPU0: Unexpected Trap: Hypervisor
(XEN)
(XEN) ****************************************
(XEN)
(XEN) Reboot in five seconds...

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
Hi Tamas,

On 02/06/16 18:20, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Tamas K Lengyel
> <tamas.k.lengyel@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
> Xen 4.7.0-rc (c/s Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty) EFI loader
> Using configuration file 'xen.cfg'
> hi6220-hikey.dtb: 0x000000007acaf000-0x000000007acba6e0
> Image: 0x0000000079fb9000-0x000000007aca1c00
> Xen 4.7.0-rc
> (XEN) Xen version 4.7.0-rc (root@lan) (aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc
> (Ubuntu/Linaro 5.3.1-14ubuntu2) 5.3.1 20160413) debug=n Wed Jun 1
> 03:22:25 UTC 2016
> (XEN) Latest ChangeSet: Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty

The tree seems to be dirty, what changes have you made into Xen?

[...]

> (XEN) Hypervisor Trap. HSR=0x96000006 EC=0x25 IL=1 Syndrome=0x6
> (XEN) CPU0: Unexpected Trap: Hypervisor
> (XEN) ----[ Xen-4.7.0-rc arm64 debug=n Not tainted ]----
> (XEN) CPU: 0
> (XEN) PC: 0000000000246494 xenmem_add_to_physmap_one+0x100/0x4e4

Hmmm... have seen a such error yesterday on one of my platform and was
not able to reproduce afterward :/.

IIRC the PC was pointing to arch/arm/mm.c:1098. Can you confirm it is
the same for you? You can use addr2line here.

Can you reproduce it reliably? If so, could you provide your xen config,
linux config, linux tree you are using?

Julien Grall

Re: Unable to boot Xen 4.7-rc4 on HiKey [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
> Hi Tamas,
>
> On 02/06/16 18:20, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Tamas K Lengyel
>> <tamas.k.lengyel@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com>
>>> wrote:
>>
>> Xen 4.7.0-rc (c/s Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty) EFI
>> loader
>> Using configuration file 'xen.cfg'
>> hi6220-hikey.dtb: 0x000000007acaf000-0x000000007acba6e0
>> Image: 0x0000000079fb9000-0x000000007aca1c00
>> Xen 4.7.0-rc
>> (XEN) Xen version 4.7.0-rc (root@lan) (aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc
>> (Ubuntu/Linaro 5.3.1-14ubuntu2) 5.3.1 20160413) debug=n Wed Jun 1
>> 03:22:25 UTC 2016
>> (XEN) Latest ChangeSet: Mon May 23 12:07:20 2016 +0100 git:8478c94-dirty
>

> The tree seems to be dirty, what changes have you made into Xen?
>
> [...]
>
>> (XEN) Hypervisor Trap. HSR=0x96000006 EC=0x25 IL=1 Syndrome=0x6
>> (XEN) CPU0: Unexpected Trap: Hypervisor
>> (XEN) ----[ Xen-4.7.0-rc arm64 debug=n Not tainted ]----
>> (XEN) CPU: 0
>> (XEN) PC: 0000000000246494 xenmem_add_to_physmap_one+0x100/0x4e4
>

> Hmmm... have seen a such error yesterday on one of my platform and was not
> able to reproduce afterward :/.
>
> IIRC the PC was pointing to arch/arm/mm.c:1098. Can you confirm it is the
> same for you? You can use addr2line here.
>
> Can you reproduce it reliably? If so, could you provide your xen config,
> linux config, linux tree you are using?

I've recompiled Xen since with debug=y and the crash went away.. I'll
see if I can still reproduce it. Now that Xen is not crashing dom0
still did. I had to disable everything in the kernel related to
USB_DWC2 and recompile it, and finally everything boots!

Tamas