Mailing List Archive

xen starts up from wrong location
guys,

for some reason my xm command insists on starting from the wrong location:

[root@LCENT01 ~]# xm list

Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly. Think!

at /usr/local/bin/xm line 20.

when it really should be starting from /usr/sbin/xm without specifying
the full path every time I want to use the command? It used to work
fine, until i rsync'ed the /usr/local/bin directory from a work server
to my home machine. apparently they have their own customized xm
script that they wrote. Not sure why my system thinks it has to
startup from there ever since doing the rsync...

thanks!

--
Here's my RSA Public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 5A4873A9

Share and enjoy!!

Re: xen starts up from wrong location [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Tim Dunphy <bluethundr@gmail.com> wrote:
> guys,
>
>  for some reason my xm command insists on starting from the wrong location:

you just need to modify your PATH variable, see:
http://www.linfo.org/path_env_var.html

> [root@LCENT01 ~]# xm list
>
>  Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly. Think!
>
>  at /usr/local/bin/xm line 20.
>

> when it really should be starting from /usr/sbin/xm without specifying
> the full path every time I want to use the command? It used to work
> fine, until i rsync'ed the /usr/local/bin directory from a work server
> to my home machine. apparently they have their own customized xm
> script that they wrote. Not sure why my system thinks it has to
> startup from there ever since doing the rsync...
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> Here's my RSA Public key:
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 5A4873A9
>
> Share and enjoy!!

Todd Deshane
http://todddeshane.net
http://runningxen.com