Mailing List Archive

Re: [Xen-devel] Status of Xen ARM Project
Audun,

I clarified the warning on http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_(PV)
<http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_%28PV%29> as it was a little
confusing.

The original Xen ARM PV port requires a modified Linux kernel, whereas
ARM support in mainline Xen does not. Many of the newer mobile platform
have newer ARM CPUs and thus ARM support in mainline Xen should just
work. We are also seeing pick-up in the mobile and other sectors with
the new port. This is happening a lot quicker than we thought and there
are activities and discussions going on to make mainline Xen more
suitable for various embedded use-cases:
See<http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Android>
* http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Android
*http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Embedded
<http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Embedded>
*
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-11/msg03004.html [.Xen
Developer Summit BoF Notes : Seeding a Xen + Android / Embedded
ecosystem BoF]
*
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-11/msg02536.html [Xen
for real-time/embedded/automotive]

Of course the old port is still around, but it is unlikley that much
development effort will go into it.

Best Regards
Lars