vote that was conducted last week. Xen on ARM his now a feature of
mainline Xen and as such discussions related to it should happen pon
xen-devel. Please sign up to xen-devel (see
http://www.xenproject.org/help/mailing-list.html if you have not done so
yet. Discussions related to the old Xen ARM PV port, can also be posted
on xen-devel. Just make sure you add ARMPV to the subject line.

Best Regards
Lars

Re: This list will be archived [ In reply to ]
Lars,
I am sorry that I did not know the vote.
If this list wiill be closed as you mentioned it is also developed in mainline, then how we can discuss about Xen ARM which is much more compact and lower CPU/ Memory overheads than that of mainline version.
Xen ARM has supported All ARM for mobile phones, whereas the mainline version for servers rich resources cannot do.
Please let me know if closing mailing for Xen community project is necessary.
Sang-bum

제목 : [XenARM] This list will be archived
Dear subscriber to the xen-arm list!

We will be closing this list to new posts in accordance with a community

Re: This list will be archived [ In reply to ]
On 21/11/2013 01:00, 서상범 wrote:
> Lars,
>
> I am sorry that I did not know the vote.
>
> If this list will be closed as you mentioned it is also developed in
> mainline, then how we can discuss about Xen ARM which is much more
> compact and lower CPU/ Memory overheads than that of mainline version.
>
> Xen ARM has supported All ARM for mobile phones, whereas the mainline
> version for servers rich resources cannot do.
>
> Please let me know if closing mailing for Xen community project is
> necessary.
>
> Sang-bum

Sang-bum,

We clearly do not want that people have no place to discuss the Xen ARM
PV port. That's why the archiving proposal included: use xen-devel
instead of xen-arm and put ARMPV into the subject line. I thought, I set
up an auto-reply, which stated this. But it is not working: so. I need
to look at this again. I understand that using xen-devel may be
problematic for the people which care about the Samsung port (as
xen-devel has more traffic). On the other hand, I do know that quite a
few Samsung staff members that also use xen-devel and almost every one
on xen-arm is also on xen-devel. So we didn't think there was a big
issue (and we could just CC you or somebody you nominate if a question
related to the Samsung port comes up).

The archiving proposal was trying to solve two issues:
a) We started to get a lot of complaints (several a month) about
questions posted on this list not getting answered. Some complaints were
getting vocal, and this is not good for the Xen ARM Samsung port and is
also not good for ARM support in the mainline. E.g.
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-arm/2013-11/msg00000.html is one
of the newer ones. Note that most complaints were raised with me privately.

b) Also, the xen-arm list name was confusing people. The majority of
recent posts on xen-arm, actually were for ARM support in the mainline.
An alternative option would be to rename the xen-arm list to xen-armpv
(or xen-armpv-samsungport, or xen-arm-samsungport) to make it clearer
what scope it covers. I would only do this, if there was more commitment
by Samsung to actually questions related to that port.

The aim of votes in the community is to allow people to raise issues,
such that we can find a way forward to resolve issues.

Best Regards
Lars