posts on this list anymore are accidental ones, at what point is xen-arm just dead?

http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-arm/2013-10/msg00013.html

http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-arm/2013-09/msg00007.html

http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-arm/2013-03/msg00006.html

--
Nathan Studer
DornerWorks, Ltd.
Embedded Systems Engineering

Re: Moribund or just plain dead [ In reply to ]
Nate,

we should archive this list. All xen arm related discussion is now
happening on xen-devel (as ARM support is in mainline) and the xen arm list
is really just confusing. I will also have to clean up the portal pages on
xenproject.org.

I suppose we could make the argument that the Xen ARM PV port is completed
on the grounds that support is now in Xen 4.3 (and newer). At the Xen
Project developer summit 2 weeks ago, even Samsung said that they plan to
move to mainline Xen on ARM.

With more and more companies being interested in Xen on ARM, the old list
is plain confusing. I think it is necessary though to go through the steps
listed in the process to properly archive the project, but I think we can
archive the xen-arm list (i.e. remove it from the index, maybe close it to
new posts) and de-emphasize Xen ARM PV on the xenproject.org pages

Thoughts?

Regards
Lars

Re: Moribund or just plain dead [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2013-11-04 at 10:07 +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Nate,
>

> we should archive this list. All xen arm related discussion is now
> happening on xen-devel (as ARM support is in mainline) and the xen arm
> list is really just confusing. I will also have to clean up the portal
> pages on xenproject.org.
>

> I suppose we could make the argument that the Xen ARM PV port is
> completed on the grounds that support is now in Xen 4.3 (and newer).
> At the Xen Project developer summit 2 weeks ago, even Samsung said
> that they plan to move to mainline Xen on ARM.
>

> With more and more companies being interested in Xen on ARM, the old
> list is plain confusing. I think it is necessary though to go through
> the steps listed in the process to properly archive the project, but I
> think we can archive the xen-arm list (i.e. remove it from the index,
> maybe close it to new posts) and de-emphasize Xen ARM PV on the
> xenproject.org pages
>

> Thoughts?

Archiving the list would solve the majority of the confusion IMHO,
although it probably means we'll start getting the occasional question
about PV Xen on ARM on xen-devel instead, that's a minor concern
compared with positive of the number of hardware assisted Xen on ARM
questions which would no longer be going to the wrong list...

Ian.

Re: Moribund or just plain dead [ In reply to ]
OK. In this case I will make a formal proposal to archive the list later
this week and call a community vote.

Archiving means:
* closing it to new posts (i.e. have an auto-reply referring users to
xen-devel and xen-users)
* making an announcement on the list to notify existing users

Regards
Lars