Mailing List Archive

[Vote] For Xen Project Code of Conduct (deadline March 31st)
Hi all,

for some time now we have been discussing the Xen Project Code of
Conduct. The most recent set of feedback has been primarily around
minor language issues (US vs UL English, etc.), which indicates to me
that the proposal is ready to be voted on

The final version which addresses all the latest minor feedback can be
found at http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/CoC-v5

It should be read in the following order
* http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=code-of-conduct.md
* http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=communication-guide.md
* http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=code-review-guide.md
* http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=communication-practice.md
* http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=resolving-disagreement.md

In accordance with https://xenproject.org/developers/governance/, I need the
leadership teams of the three mature projects: the Hypervisor, the XAPI
project and the Windows PV Driver project to vote on this proposal.

The specific voting rules in this case are outlined in section
https://www.xenproject.org/governance.html#project-decisions

People allowed to vote on behalf of the Hypervisor project are:
Julien Grall, Andy Cooper, George Dunlap, Ian Jackson, Jan Beulich, Konrad R
Wilk, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu and Paul Durrant (as Release Manager).

People allowed to vote on behalf of the XAPI project are:
Chandrika Srinivasan, Christian Lindig, Konstantina Chremmou,
Rob Hoes, Zhang Li

People allowed to vote on behalf of the Windows PV Driver Project are:
Paul Durrant, Ben Chalmers, Owen Smith

I propose to tally the votes after March 31st. You can reply via
+1: for proposal
-1: against proposal
in public or private.

Votes will be tallied by subproject – aka the Hypervisor and XAPI project by %
for the proposal - and then averaged across sub-projects that achieved the
quorum. The vote needs to achieve a 2/3 majority to pass.

Sub-project needs to achieve the following quorum of votes in favour for the
sub-project’s vote to count
Hypervisor: 3 + votes
XAPI: 2 + votes
Windows PV Drivers: 1 + votes

Regards
Lars

Re: [Vote] For Xen Project Code of Conduct (deadline March 31st) [ In reply to ]
Re: [Vote] For Xen Project Code of Conduct (deadline March 31st) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 17 Jan 2020, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for some time now we have been discussing the Xen Project Code of
> Conduct. The most recent set of feedback has been primarily around
> minor language issues (US vs UL English, etc.), which indicates to me
> that the proposal is ready to be voted on
>
> The final version which addresses all the latest minor feedback can be
> found at http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/CoC-v5
>
> It should be read in the following order
> * http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=code-of-conduct.md
> * http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=communication-guide.md
> * http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=code-review-guide.md
> * http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=communication-practice.md
> * http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=resolving-disagreement.md
>
> In accordance with https://xenproject.org/developers/governance/, I need the
> leadership teams of the three mature projects: the Hypervisor, the XAPI
> project and the Windows PV Driver project to vote on this proposal.
>
> The specific voting rules in this case are outlined in section
> https://www.xenproject.org/governance.html#project-decisions
>
> People allowed to vote on behalf of the Hypervisor project are:
> Julien Grall, Andy Cooper, George Dunlap, Ian Jackson, Jan Beulich, Konrad R
> Wilk, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu and Paul Durrant (as Release Manager).
>
> People allowed to vote on behalf of the XAPI project are:
> Chandrika Srinivasan, Christian Lindig, Konstantina Chremmou,
> Rob Hoes, Zhang Li
>
> People allowed to vote on behalf of the Windows PV Driver Project are:
> Paul Durrant, Ben Chalmers, Owen Smith
>
> I propose to tally the votes after March 31st. You can reply via
> +1: for proposal
> -1: against proposal
> in public or private.

+1

Re: [Vote] For Xen Project Code of Conduct (deadline March 31st) [ In reply to ]
On 1/17/20 7:12 PM, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for some time now we have been discussing the Xen Project Code of
> Conduct. The most recent set of feedback has been primarily around
> minor language issues (US vs UL English, etc.), which indicates to me
> that the proposal is ready to be voted on
>
> The final version which addresses all the latest minor feedback can be
> found at http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/CoC-v5
>
> It should be read in the following order
> * http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=people/larsk/code-of-conduct.git;a=blob;f=code-of-conduct.md

Nit: There appears to be an extra `]` on line 17:

```
friendly way, etc. can be found [here][guidance]].
```

> People allowed to vote on behalf of the Hypervisor project are:
> Julien Grall, Andy Cooper, George Dunlap, Ian Jackson, Jan Beulich, Konrad R
> Wilk, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu and Paul Durrant (as Release Manager).

+1

-George

Re: [Vote] For Xen Project Code of Conduct (deadline March 31st) [ In reply to ]
On 17.01.2020 20:12, Lars Kurth wrote:
> People allowed to vote on behalf of the Hypervisor project are:
> Julien Grall, Andy Cooper, George Dunlap, Ian Jackson, Jan Beulich, Konrad R
> Wilk, Stefano Stabellini, Wei Liu and Paul Durrant (as Release Manager).

I have to admit that with certain parts of this, as per earlier discussion,
I'm on the edge, and hence I'd like to give a +0.5 vote here. Whatever you
can then make of this ...

Jan