Mailing List Archive

session.login_with_password: version argument?
Hello,

I would like to get some extra insights in the third argument, named
`version`, to the call session.login_with_password.

The docs state this is the client API version. But how does this have an
influence on the client to server interaction. Here are some scenarios:

Scenario 1:
Client is generated based on version 7.2. I don't pass a version to
session.login_with_password and connect to a 7.1 server.
Should this work?

Scenario 2:
Client is generated based on version 7.2. I pass in version 7.1 to
session.login_with_password against a 7.2 server.
Should the server speak 7.1 protocol?

Scenario 3:
Client is generated based on version 7.2. I don't pass a version
to session.login_with_password against a 7.4 server.
Should the server speak 7.2 protocol?

Thanks for elaborating.

Ringo