Mailing List Archive

Terraform provider for XenServer under Github xapi-project organisation?
Hello,

I was directed to this mailing list by Ben Chalmers via the discussion on
this Github issue:

https://github.com/amfranz/terraform-provider-xenserver/issues/9

I repost the request as a mail here again.

The terraform-provider-xenserver codebase [1] is the Terraform [2] provider
for XenServer. This codebase was originally written by @amfranz but he
indicated that he no longer has interest and time to work on it and is
willing to transfer the repository:

https://github.com/amfranz/terraform-provider-xenserver/pull/3#issuecomment-327073966

Terraform has recently created a separate Github organisation for a number
of Terraform providers: terraform-providers [3]. Hashicorp indicated
somewhere (failed to find the source again) that this organisation will
remain limited to the providers developed and maintained so far by
Hashicorp and the contributors. But with the split came also the ability to
have providers not in this specific setup. Work is in progress to let the
core Terraform application download third-party providers not released via
the Hashicorp infrastructure.

Which brings me to my request: I would very much like to see this codebase
[1], together with peer repository go-xen-api-client [4] be transferred to
the xapi-project Github organisation [5].

Links:
[1] https://github.com/amfranz/terraform-provider-xenserver/
[2] https://www.terraform.io/
[3] https://github.com/terraform-providers/