Mailing List Archive

The API for managing VMs
Hello,

I'm new to Xen and would like to learn more about its API. I'm
interested in how the control domain (dom0) manages other VMs,
especially what type of messages it sends to start/stop/query/etc.
another VM.

I did a search by myself and found there seems to be two types of
messages: hypercall and Xen management API. Hypercall is similar to a
system call to the hypervisor, and Xen management API is used to
manage the VMs remotely. It seems that none of them explains how, and
what kind of message is sent out, to manage a local VM. (Please feel
free to correct me if I misunderstand this at all.)

Could anyone offer me some help to understand this? For example, what
does Xen do, and what messages it sends, to create a new VM?

Thanks in advance!

Zhenyu