Mailing List Archive

Call For Participation for the Xen Project Developer Summit in Toronto (Deadline May 6th)
Dear Community Members!

We’re excited to announce the call for speaking proposals for Xen Project Developer Summit 2016, which will be held in Toronto, Canada, August 25-26, 2016. The Xen Project Developer Summit brings together the Xen Project’s community of developers and power users for their annual developer conference. The summit will be co-located with a number of other events, such as: LinuxCon, ContainerCon, KVM Forum and Linux Security Summit.

You can find the CfP registration page here: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-project-developer-summit/program/cfp
Note that we have a new registration system and you will need to re-create your account information. Also note that the banner of the CfP submission system shows OPNFV : this will be fixed by the Linux Foundation's contractor shortly.

To get a sense of past accepted submissions, check out last years presentations (http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/archive/2015/xen-project-developer-summit). Accepted speakers will be notified by May 19th. The schedule will be announced on May 24th.

= Birds of a Feather Sessions & Discussion Groups =

This year we will again have space for Birds of a Feather Sessions & Discussion Groups. We will publish how you can request a BoF a little bit closer to the event. In the meantime you should be aware of the ground rules for BoFs:

* Each BoF host will get 3-5 minutes (depending on the number of BoFs on the day) to pitch your BoF to the entire audience. Slides are not allowed.
* After we publish the Xen Project Developer schedule, community members that have registered for the summit can submit a request to host a BoF (specifying a couple of slots in preference order)
* BoFs are small discussion groups, not presentations. You are expected to take notes (or nominate an attendee to do so) and post discussion notes on one of our mailing lists after the summit.

= Developer Meeting =

I am also pleased to announce that we will also be hosting a 1/2 day Xen Project Developer Meeting the day before the Xen Project Developer Summit. Spaces are limited: the event is open to all members of the Developer Community. More details will follow soon.

= Where to stay at the summit =

Discounted hotels are listed at the event website at the price of CAD $209.00 per night. Reservations have to be made by July 29th. We are sharing a room block with other Linux Foundation events, so please book early.

= Resources and URL's =
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-project-developer-summit/program/cfp
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-project-developer-summit/attend/register
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-project-developer-summit/attend/visa-request