Mailing List Archive

XAPI Documentation
Hey All,
I am developing an application based on the XAPI and I am having a hell of
a time trying to find complete current documentation.

I have found this:
http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/6.5.0/1.0/en_gb/api/index.html?r=creedence

It seems to be relatively updated (in terms of XAPI release), but it is by
no means complete.

For example, I can not find any documentation for the VDI Create api call.
Its like it does not exist according to that documentation.

The only documentation that I can find that is at all complete (including
implicit calls) is from version 5.5.

http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.5.0/1.0/en_gb/api/docs/html/browser.html

The layout of this documentation is far more useful because it gives a much
more complete view of the functionality. Is the current documentation (for
later releases) available in this format somewhere?

For example: I can not find any recent documentation for this function,
which is hard to believe:
http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.5.0/1.0/en_gb/api/docs/html/API/Classes/VDI/Implicit/create.html

Or even something as basic as this:
http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.5.0/1.0/en_gb/api/docs/html/API/Classes/VDI/Implicit/get_record.html

Thanks,

*Will STEVENS*
Lead Developer

*CloudOps* *| *Cloud Solutions Experts
w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_
Re: XAPI Documentation [ In reply to ]
Hi Will,

The latest PDF version is here: http://docs.citrix.com/content/dam/en-us/xenserver/xenserver-65/xenserver65sp1_management_api_guide.pdf.

There is also the following site, which is still a little experimental, but it does have the option to show the “implicit” functions: http://xapi-project.github.io/xen-api/.

Cheers,
Rob

[...]

420 rue Guy | Montreal | Quebec | H3J 1S6
w cloudops.com<http://cloudops.com/> | tw @CloudOps_

Re: XAPI Documentation [ In reply to ]
Thanks Rob, this is very helpful. I think
http://xapi-project.github.io/xen-api/ is pretty much exactly what I am
looking for. With the Published in details it makes it possible to
determine api compatibility in a single view (for the most part anyway).

Thank you for the prompt response.

Cheers,