Mailing List Archive

Next Document Day Moved to Wednesday, May 6
Due to the Hackathon next week, our normal April Document Day is
taking a one week bump to May 6. If anyone objects to this date,
please let me know. Otherwise, we'll allow those attending the
Hackathon to participate in Document Day upon their return.

All the information you need to participate in Document Day is here:

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days

Also take a look at the current TODO list to see other items which
need attention:

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days/TODO

Please think about how you can help out. If you haven't requested
to be made a Wiki editor, save time and do it now so you are ready to
go on Document Day. Just fill out the form below:

http://xenproject.org/component/content/article/100-misc/145-request-to-be-made-a-wiki-editor.html

We hope to see you on Document Day in #xendocs!

Re: Next Document Day Moved to Wednesday, May 6 [ In reply to ]
Reminder: Our Document Day is tomorrow!

Theme for this month: "No-Can-Do Without a HowTo"

We've got a lot of good information in the documentation, but it isn't
always in a form that will help someone use a particular feature for
the first time. Or, the information is present, but it might need to
be brought up-to-date.

Some of these possible topics include:

- Booting with UEFI (see the TODO page for a link to a Q&A post about this)
- Huge Page Support (needs review and updating)
- Installing on ARM (need a basic HowTo)
- Using Xen Project with common applications (see the TODO page for a
link to a Q&A post about Citrix Netscaler)
- Get up and running with Mirage OS
- Any other niche topic which doesn't have a good HowTo-type doc page

If you know anything about these or any other topic which needs to a
good HowTo document, please join in tomorrow!

Re: Next Document Day Moved to Wednesday, May 6 [ In reply to ]
I want to thank everyone who participated in yesterday's Document Day.

Among other things, we have a new page about "Huge Page Support" which
is taking shape nicely.

And I want to thank Robert Vanvossen and Axel Fontaine who joined in
the effort for the first time. Thank you!

Don't forget that our next Document Day will be Wednesday, May 27. I
hope you can join us then!

Russ