Mailing List Archive

Does XCP 1.6 Support Live Migration
Hi everyone, I am building up my cloud testbed using XCP 1.6. I have been having issues with setting up the Live Migration feature. I research that the live migration on Xen is automatically disabled and one can enable it inside /etc/xend-config.sxp file. I also tried to create HA from my pool but as soon as i click on finish it gives an error message "Internal error:Unix.Unix_error(20,""access","/opt/xensource/xha/ha_set_pool_state"). I need urgent help here to proceed. Opeyemi
Re: Does XCP 1.6 Support Live Migration [ In reply to ]
I didn't see a response to this so here goes...

I would suggest that you convert to full XenServer as XCP is no longer developed. Since Citrix has open sourced XenServer, it is free to download and use. You should be able to upgrade your XCP installation to full XenServer without any issues. While I have not tried it, I do not think there are any issues with live migration on the OpenSource XenServer.

As far as moving VM's from one host to another, I believe you need to have shared storage accessible to both XenServers for this to work. Some sort of iSCSI or Fibre-Channel storage backend should provide what you need.

James