Mailing List Archive

Re: [CentOS-virt] xapi for centOS 6.6
Hi,

> On 22 Mar 2015, at 06:23, Gautam Malu <gautam.maloo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I am a masters student at IIIT Hyderabad, India. I am writing a GOSC proposal for CentOS organization. It's about delivering a custom installer ISO which delivers Xen 4.4 stack on CentOS 6.
> full proposal: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/public/google/gsoc2015/gautam_malu/5629499534213120
>
> I want to port xapi on CentOS 6 as part of it. There has been some previous efforts to port xapi on CentOS 6 but nothing official, as follows:
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XAPI_On_CentOS_6
>
> https://github.com/JohnGarbutt/xen-api-devinstall
>
> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Ceph_and_libvirt_technology_preview
>

> i was wondering if there is any other project going on to port xapi on CentOS 6 > CentOS 6.3 with XenServer being fully open source now.

Take a look at these development spec files:

https://github.com/xenserver/buildroot

The versions referenced there are quite close to the live development versions in the XenServer “trunk” builds. If you build the RPMs you should be able to add them to a custom installer ISO (I hope!)

Good luck!
Dave