From: xen-devel-bounces@lists.xen.org [xen-devel-bounces@lists.xen.org] on behalf of Lars Kurth [lars.kurth.xen@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 12:31 PM
To: xen-devel; xen-api@lists.xenproject.org; mirageos-devel; embedded-pv-devel@lists.xenproject.org
Cc: advisory-board@lists.xenproject.org; Russ Pavlicek
Subject: [Xen-devel] GSoC 2015 - Not accepted ... but some mentoring organisations which have several Xen related projects in them are

Hi folks,

just a quick note to let you know that we were not accepted for GSoC this year. Do note that the Linux Foundation, OpenStack Foundation and many of the other usual suspects have not been accepted this year. We will find out more why on Friday. However, there are at least 4 Xen related projects that are managed by other

I made a note at the top of http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Archived/GSoC_2015 to point applicants to some of those projects. I have found 5 so far (which may bot be a complete list):

* Xen based Hypervisor in a Box @ Centos <http://wiki.centos.org/GSoC/2015/Ideas#head-ecb615be72e53950f08df92809020721d44c6694>
* Xen guest support for OpenBSD @ Open BSD Foundation <http://www.openbsdfoundation.org/gsoc2015.html#xenguest>
* 3 Xen related projects @ Ganeti<https://code.google.com/p/ganeti/wiki/SummerOfCode2015Ideas>

Other projects which were accepted are QEMU<https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2015/qemu>: note that there are no Xen related projects, but given that Xen has good relationships with the QEMU community we may be able to get one or two projects onto the list if someone steps up and is willing to mentor

Best Regards
Lars