just a quick note to let you know that we were not accepted for GSoC this year. Do note that the Linux Foundation, OpenStack Foundation and many of the other usual suspects have not been accepted this year. We will find out more why on Friday. However, there are at least 4 Xen related projects that are managed by other

I made a note at the top of http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Archived/GSoC_2015 <http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Archived/GSoC_2015> to point applicants to some of those projects. I have found 5 so far (which may bot be a complete list):
Xen based Hypervisor in a Box @ Centos  <http://wiki.centos.org/GSoC/2015/Ideas#head-ecb615be72e53950f08df92809020721d44c6694>
Xen guest support for OpenBSD @ Open BSD Foundation  <http://www.openbsdfoundation.org/gsoc2015.html#xenguest>
3 Xen related projects @ Ganeti <https://code.google.com/p/ganeti/wiki/SummerOfCode2015Ideas>
Other projects which were accepted are QEMU <https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org2/google/gsoc2015/qemu>: note that there are no Xen related projects, but given that Xen has good relationships with the QEMU community we may be able to get one or two projects onto the list if someone steps up and is willing to mentor

Best Regards
Lars
Re: [MirageOS-devel] GSoC 2015 - Not accepted ... but some mentoring organisations which have several Xen related projects in them are [ In reply to ]
I noticed this the other day and had a quick scout around.

"Mozilla not accepted for Google Summer of Code 2015"
http://blog.queze.net/post/2015/03/03/Mozilla-not-accepted-for-Google-Summer-of-Code-2015

"Google’s program is enormously popular, and over-subscribed, meaning Google has had to rotate organisation membership"
http://news.open-bio.org/news/2015/03/sadly-obf-not-accepted-for-gsoc-2015/

Very unfortunate as we've had interest in the MirageOS projects. I wondered about talking to relevant accepted orgs about adding some MirageOS projects but haven't really had a chance to look into this.

Best wishes,
Amir

Re: [MirageOS-devel] GSoC 2015 - Not accepted ... but some mentoring organisations which have several Xen related projects in them are [ In reply to ]
> On 4 Mar 2015, at 17:40, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> I noticed this the other day and had a quick scout around.
>
> "Mozilla not accepted for Google Summer of Code 2015"
> http://blog.queze.net/post/2015/03/03/Mozilla-not-accepted-for-Google-Summer-of-Code-2015
>
> "Google’s program is enormously popular, and over-subscribed, meaning Google has had to rotate organisation membership"
> http://news.open-bio.org/news/2015/03/sadly-obf-not-accepted-for-gsoc-2015/

I am not particularly surprised. The number of projects is growing, so is competition.

> Very unfortunate as we've had interest in the MirageOS projects. I wondered about talking to relevant accepted orgs about adding some MirageOS projects but haven't really had a chance to look into this.

Please go ahead. Of course we will again participate in OPW. I am still one Advisory Board vote short for approval.

Regards
Lars