Mailing List Archive

Re: [xs-devel] improving the XenAPI docs
On 28/01/15 08:52, Stephen Turner wrote:
> Tina thought about this problem a lot and compiled a partial (but large) list of issues: see section 5 of https://info.citrite.net/display/UI/SDK+product+backlog+at+the+end+of+Clearwater.

Any posts to public mailing lists need to refer to the public XenServer
wiki rather than our internal wiki.

~Andrew

Re: [xs-devel] improving the XenAPI docs [ In reply to ]
Oops, sorry, I didn't realise which lists this thread was on. However, as all the tickets it refers to are on our internal bug tracker, it wouldn't be much use if I did post it. I think it basically covers the areas already mentioned, but with specific examples of places where the documentation is lacking.

--
Stephen Turner

Re: [xs-devel] improving the XenAPI docs [ In reply to ]
> On 28 Jan 2015, at 10:26, Stephen Turner <Stephen.Turner@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> Oops, sorry, I didn't realise which lists this thread was on. However, as all the tickets it refers to are on our internal bug tracker, it wouldn't be much use if I did post it. I think it basically covers the areas already mentioned, but with specific examples of places where the documentation is lacking.

No problem. I’ll take a look at this list and see what should be promoted to the external wiki.

BTW another thought occurred to me: the best API using example code we have is XenCenter itself, so we could link directly to lines of code in it. What do you think?

Cheers,
Dave

Re: [xs-devel] improving the XenAPI docs [ In reply to ]
That's actually quite a good idea, although of course it's just C#. I think PowerShell users also expect in-shell help with a Get-Help command.

--
Stephen Turner