Mailing List Archive

a bit of wiki tidying
Hi,

I’ve done a little bit of cleaning of the Xapi pages on the Xen project wiki. I’ve

- added links to our architecture documentation[1], XenAPI reference[2] and design docs index[3]
- unlinked content which seemed to be a transliteration from code to English of a previous (undisclosed) Xapi version — I think for this kind of detail the code will always be authoritative, and the out-of-date wiki content is misleading
- rewritten the page on compiling Xapi (very, very out-of-date) to describe 2 modern ways it should work
- added a page on Design and Code Review describing the process that has been evolving recently
- fiddled with the section headings a bit: we’ve now got “Developing” where the contents was developer workflow-oriented and “Concepts” where more abstract stuff is described

There’s clearly still quite a lot to do.

I think the niche that the wiki occupies is that it’s a good place for how-tos, FAQs, tips and tricks, process descriptions etc. I think as we come across useful stuff like that we should try to add it to the wiki. I think it’s not a good place for stuff that’s very tied to the code — it’s much better to put that in repos directly, IMHO.

Cheers,
Dave

[1] http://xapi-project.github.io/getting-started/architecture.html
[2] http://xapi-project.github.io/xen-api/index.html