Hi everyone!

I have installed xen via apt-get (xen-hypervisor-4.1), added xapi toolstack
and installed xencenter to manage my servers remotely. Is this setup ok? As
far as I know, xencenter uses xapi to access the hypervisors..but I can't
get it to connect. I'm receiving a "the connection was refused" after I try
to connect/add servers. Any advice ?

I tried Xen Orchestra as well but it can't connect either.

Thx!
Re: xen + xapi + xencenter [ In reply to ]
> On 8 Jan 2015, at 13:17, Renato Fontana <skyrenato@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> I have installed xen via apt-get (xen-hypervisor-4.1), added xapi toolstack and installed xencenter to manage my servers remotely. Is this setup ok? As far as I know, xencenter uses xapi to access the hypervisors..but I can't get it to connect. I'm receiving a "the connection was refused" after I try to connect/add servers. Any advice ?

I’d check the simple stuff first: is stunnel listening on port 443 and xapi on port 80? If so then it might be a firewall rule problem.

It could be that xapi hasn’t got a configured “management interface”.

If “xe pif-list” is empty, then you could populate it by running “xe pif-scan host-uuid=<my host uuid>” (use “xe host-list” to see the host uuids)

Make sure that at least one of the “pifs” (i.e. physical interfaces) has an IP address configuration e.g. with

xe pif-configure-ip uuid=… mode=dhcp

Make sure that at least one of the “pifs” has the “management” flag set. If “xe pif-list management=true” is empty then try

xe host-management-reconfigure pif-uuid=…

Good luck!

Dave
Re: xen + xapi + xencenter [ In reply to ]
Hi Dave,
Thx for your reply! I have checked all the tips you provided and indeed I
think there's a firewall in between.
I didn't have a valid mode for pif-configure-ip.. it was set to "none".
Still I don't think it was the main issue.
I was trying to access my servers via Windows with XenCenter. To try it
out, I installed the openxenmanager at the server and ran the GUI via X11.
It could reach add/reach the hypervisor just fine!

Time to douple check the firewall rules.

Thx again!

Best,
Renato.