Mailing List Archive

Can't claim on Phabricator
Hi,
my account is https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/binbot/
I don't see either claim or assign command at the tasks.
Where is the problem?

--
Bináris
Re: Can't claim on Phabricator [ In reply to ]
Bináris,

to claim or assign a task, you have to go to a particular task, then at the
end click on the "Add action..." list, then "Assign / Claim" and write your
account name or someone else's (it will autocomplete). Please note that
assigning a task to someone without any previous interaction or context is
generally considered "bad etiquette" by most people or teams, unless so
documented.

A good place to search for Phabricator help is[0] and to ask questions, [1]
(there are versions in other languages); I encourage you to ask there
further doubts. :-)

Regards,

[0] <url:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Help>
[1] <url:https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Phabricator/Help>

On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 4:53 PM Bináris <wikiposta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> my account is https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/binbot/
> I don't see either claim or assign command at the tasks.
> Where is the problem?
>
> --
> Bináris

Jaime Crespo
<http://wikimedia.org>
Re: Can't claim on Phabricator [ In reply to ]
Jaime Crespo <jcrespo@wikimedia.org> ezt írta (id?pont: 2023. febr. 2., Cs,
17:10):

> Bináris,
>
> to claim or assign a task, you have to go to a particular task, then at
> the end click on the "Add action..." list, then "Assign / Claim" and write
> your account name or someone else's (it will autocomplete).

Oh, that's pretty hidden in hell! As far as I remember, last time I was
looking for it, it was on the right sidebar. At least claiming.

> Please note that assigning a task to someone without any previous
> interaction or context is generally considered "bad etiquette" by most
> people or teams, unless so documented.

Of course.
Thank you!
Re: Can't claim on Phabricator [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2023-02-02 at 17:43 +0100, Bináris wrote:

> Jaime Crespo ezt írta (id?pont: 2023. febr. 2., Cs, 17:10):
> > to claim or assign a task, you have to go to a particular task,
> > then at the end click on the "Add action..." list, then "Assign /
> > Claim" and write your account name or someone else's (it will
> > autocomplete).
>
> Oh, that's pretty hidden in hell! As far as I remember, last time I
> was looking for it, it was on the right sidebar. At least claiming.

Both is possible to assign a task in Phab: Either via "Edit Task" in
the sidebar, or via the "Add Action" dropdown above the comment field.

See also https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Help

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper (he/him) | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/
Re: Can't claim on Phabricator [ In reply to ]
I also have a memory of there previously being a 1 click button in the
sidebar to claim task. Maybe it was a feature that got removed or perhaps
just a false memory.

--
Bawolff