Mailing List Archive

Cloud VPS users, please claim your projects
Hello cloud-vps users!

It's time for our annual cleanup of unused projects and resources. Every
year or so the Cloud Services team tries to identify and clean up unused
projects and VMs.  We do this via an opt-in process: anyone can mark a
project as 'in use,' and that project will be preserved for another year.

I've created a wiki page that lists all existing projects, here:

https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/News/Cloud_VPS_2022_Purge

If you are a VPS user, please visit that page and mark any projects that
you use as {{Used}}.  Note that it's not necessary for you to be a
project admin to mark something -- if you know that you're currently
using a resource and want to keep using it, go ahead and mark it
accordingly.  If you /are/ a project admin, please take a moment to mark
which VMs are or aren't used in your projects.

When February arrives, I will shut down and begin the process of
reclaiming resources from unused projects.

If you think you use a VPS project but aren't sure which, I encourage
you to poke around on https://tools.wmflabs.org/openstack-browser/ to
see what looks familiar.  Worst case, just email
cloud@lists.wikimedia.org with a description of your use case and we'll
sort it out there.

Exclusive toolforge users are free to ignore this email.

Thank you!

-Andrew and the WMCS team

Re: Cloud VPS users, please claim your projects [ In reply to ]
Happy new year! There are still 86 unclaimed cloud-vps projects in
danger of shutdown come February. Please take a moment to review this
page and mark any projects that you are using:

https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/News/Cloud_VPS_2022_Purge

Here's the complete list of unmarked projects:

appservers
auditlogging
baglama2
baserow
canasta
capacity-exchange
citelearn
commons-corruption-checker
commonsarchive
cyberbot
dashiki
data-engineering
download
dumps
entity-detection
etytree
fastcci
fr-tech-dev
getstarted
gitlab-test
glamwikidashboard
globaleducation
gratitude
huggle
huwiki-dev
idm-dev
image-suggestion-api
incubator
ircwebchat
isa
language
lta-tracker
machine-learning
maps
maps-experiments
mariadb104-test
math
mix-n-match
ml-collab-2022
mobile
mwcli
mwstake
netops-clab
ocrtoy
openocr
openstack
packaging
pki
pluggableauth
puppet-dev
reading-web-staging
schematreerecommender
sciencesource
search
security-tools
services
shiny-r
spi-tools
sre-sandbox
sso
swift
teyora
video
visualeditor
wcdo
webperf
wikiapiary
wikicite
wikicommunityhealth
wikidata-history-query-service
wikidata-query
wikidata-reconciliation
wikidocumentaries
wikidumpparse
wikilabels
wikilearn
wikiloop
wikinewsie
wikipathways
wikispeech
wikitextexp
wildcat
wmcz-stats
wmde-dashboards
wmde-templates-alpha
wmdeanalytics
Re: Cloud VPS users, please claim your projects [ In reply to ]
Thank you to all of you who have marked your projects. We're now down to
48 candidates for deletion, listed below.

Please look again and mark projects which you are using. Komla will we
follow up individually on unclaimed projects but let's try to keep his
workload under control!