Mailing List Archive

Fw: Re: Small Wiki Tools User Feedback Survey (CIForms update)
dear all, so we have just completed a major upgrade of the following extension https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CIForms"]https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CIForms and it's now available on gerrit https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/q/project:mediawiki/extensions/CIForms"]https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/q/project:mediawiki/extensions/CIForms thanks a lot to @Zoranzoki21 for reviewing the code and making the deployment possible (Thomas) Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 10:23 AM
From: tdvit@mail.com
To: wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org, "Andre Klapper" <aklapper@wikimedia.org>
Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] Small Wiki Tools User Feedback Survey @Andre, thanks for pointing out this, (T294343) I did not expect they were installed on the Wikimedia foundation sites, just that one could rely on their own wiki to perform surveys. As a contributor of the extension, I&#39;ve added recently a feature to get spreadsheet results (stored on the wiki) besides by email, so we will update the community as soon as it will be completed. (Thomas) Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 3:45 PM
From: "Andre Klapper" <aklapper@wikimedia.org>
To: "Wikitech-l" <wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Subject: [Wikitech-l] Re: Small Wiki Tools User Feedback Survey Hi,

On Tue, 2021-12-21 at 08:28 +0100, tdvit@mail.com wrote:
> for the survey I would suggest you to take
> a look to the following extension

As already pointed out, investigating a change of the workflow at this
stage of a survey is not feasible. (For more info, see
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Writing_an_extension_for_deployment"]https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Writing_an_extension_for_deployment for
steps that would be needed to get an extension deployed on servers).

This isn&#39;t the first time that the issue of relying on third-party
services for surveys has been brought up. I&#39;ve boldly created
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T294343"]https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T294343 for this broader topic.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper (he/him) &#124; Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/"]https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/