In the past, I've created a headless LibreOffice setup to accept file
uploads to give editors a conversion service. I don't have that setup
available anymore.

My question is: "Does anyone know of a service that *is* setup to use
LibreOffice to convert MS Word to wikitext?" I searched the ToolHub to no
avail.

Thanks,

Greg
Re: Microsoft Word to Wiki (via LibreOffice) [ In reply to ]
You might like to give <https://pandoc.org/> a try?

Regards,
Jürgen.

Re: Microsoft Word to Wiki (via LibreOffice) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 3:57 PM Juergen Fenn <jfenn@gmx.net> wrote:

> You might like to give <https://pandoc.org/> a try?

Thanks.

For cli users, pandoc is probably the best choice. And I would certainly
consider it as the conversion engine when standing up a new service to
convert docx to Wikitext.

When I said "Our users have found...", I meant non-technical users who want
to contribute to the wiki and have existing MS Word content.

Best regards,

Greg
Re: Microsoft Word to Wiki (via LibreOffice) [ In reply to ]
And alas, there's nothing found on ToolHub for pandoc either.
https://toolhub.wikimedia.org/search?q=pandoc&ordering=-score&page=1&page_size=12

Re: Microsoft Word to Wiki (via LibreOffice) [ In reply to ]
You can paste rich text into the Visual Editor. The wikitext it
produces usually needs some cleaning up afterward (bold headings,
inconsistent list markup, etc), but it's probably the easiest for
non-technical folks.

ACN

Re: Microsoft Word to Wiki (via LibreOffice) [ In reply to ]
VE does a pretty good job for one-off conversions.

I'm looking for a tool that non-technical staff can use for converting
large numbers of docs into mostly usable wikitext. I don't know without
more (recent) research whether Pandoc or LibreOffice supports better
conversion. Just wondering if anyone has setup something like this or knows
of its existence.

Thanks,

Greg

Re: Microsoft Word to Wiki (via LibreOffice) [ In reply to ]
Hello, I usually use your html2wiki to push docs to parsoid. It seems
that there is no better tools.

Office documents can be natively translated to html by pasting them to
Outlook mail message and sending them to special mailbox (that just
saves them to file then the file is parsed with python mimetools).

---
Sergey

Greg Rundlett (freephile) ????? 2021-10-26 05:15: