Mailing List Archive

GitLab update: You can log in now
= tl;dr =

Users with Wikimedia developer accounts can now log in to
https://gitlab.wikimedia.org/ and create projects under their user
namespaces, regardless of institutional affiliation.

= The longer version =

Hey all,

This is an update on the Wikimedia GitLab project[0].

GitLab access was formerly restricted to WMF/WMDE/NDA users. We've
lifted that restriction.[1]

With that out of the way, we're working to sort out open questions about
use of shared CI runners[2] and what Docker images they're allowed to
run[3], along with shoring up various aspects of our infrastructure,
cleaning up some lingering authentication bugs, and integrating with
other development services and communication channels.

In general, you can follow this project as a whole on Phabricator, on
the GitLab workboard.[4] As ever, questions are welcome on Phab, in
#wikimedia-releng on libera.chat, or directly in e-mail.

[0]. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/GitLab/Roadmap
[1]. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T288162
[2]. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T292094
[3]. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T291978