Mailing List Archive

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Re: Toolhub 1.0 is launched! Discover software tools used at Wikimedia
A long time coming! The interface looks amazing and seems very well thought
out. It's nice to have an official, single go-to for all things tools, user
scripts, gadgets, etc. Huge thanks and kudos to everyone involved!

~ MA

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Re: Toolhub 1.0 is launched! Discover software tools used at Wikimedia [ In reply to ]
Thanks Galder :-) - answers are below:

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 9:38 PM Galder Gonzalez Larrañaga <
galder158@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Brigit, for this hub, it is great to have it! I have tried and
> can't find any way to look for tools that are not nominated as "Coolest
> Tool Award" besides looking for name. Is there a way for searching by
> categories?

Today you can try searching for various keywords to find tools in the
catalog (i.e. "Wikidata", "image", "editor", "template" ...). We're
interested in adding support for the community to organize tools in
categories/based on use cases in the future. There are some notes from past
Design Research on that in the Data Model documentation. [0]

Please feel welcome to comment on the talk page if you have further
questions or ideas! [1]

Birgit

[0] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toolhub/Data_model#Tool_use_cases
[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Toolhub