Mailing List Archive

Commons app v3.1.0 beta release with WLM integration
Hi folks,

Hope you are all safe and well. We have just released v3.1.0 of the Commons
app for beta testing last week, containing basic integration for Wiki Loves
Monuments uploads!

You can find more details about our implementation (and the challenges that
we faced) at
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Mobile_app/WLM_release , but the
summary is that WLM pins have been added to our Nearby map, for WLM
monuments. From now until 30 September, people can upload photos of
monuments through this map, and if their country is participating in WLM
2021, the relevant template will be added to these uploads.

Please do help us test this beta version if you can - we hope to release to
production early next week so all users can access it. :)

Many thanks!

Best regards,
Josephine