Mailing List Archive

Wikimania Hackathon 2021: Call for sessions and projects now open!
Hello all,

This email is a reminder to start proposing projects and sessions for this
year’s Wikimania hackathon, taking place on August 13th (the first day of
Wikimania). You may have already seen the announcement email last week with
all the details.

This year’s hackathon will take place in a 24 hrs format covering all time
zones. You can start proposing a session or a project by following the
guidelines here: <
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2021:Hackathon#Propose_a_project_or_a_session>
[1].

We also encourage folks to reuse the video of a previously recorded session
(in lecture format) to organize a watch party-style session. And, you can
pause during or after for questions and discussions. That way, you have to
do less prep, and one can watch your session at any time during the event.

There isn't a specific focus area proposed this time, so your session or
project needn't fit under a theme. Anything that involves MediaWiki
development or covers a technical area in the Wikimedia ecosystem. Plus, we
welcome sessions that would be helpful to newcomers–new to the event, our
technical spaces, or projects.

If you have any questions, feel free to use the related talk page to
contact the organizing team or join the community conversation on Telegram:
<https://t.me/wikimaniachat> [2].

We look forward to your participation!

Cheers,
Srishti

On behalf of the Wikimania Hackathon organizing team

[1]
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2021:Hackathon#Propose_a_project_or_a_session

[2] https://t.me/wikimaniachat

*Srishti Sethi*
Senior Developer Advocate
Re: Wikimania Hackathon 2021: Call for sessions and projects now open! [ In reply to ]
Hello all,

As the Wikimania Hackathon is fast approaching, this message is another
reminder to start proposing projects and sessions using the guidelines in
the original email on this thread.

Particularly for the sessions, you may look at the ones scheduled already
and the slots available so far here: <
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2021:Hackathon/Schedule> [1].

Best,
Srishti