Mailing List Archive

Sign up for the Toolhub's quality signal sessions
Hello all,

We invite you all to sign up for Toolhub's Quality Signal sessions!

Toolhub <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toolhub> [1] is a
community-authored catalog of Wikimedia tools. On Toolhub, you will be able
to discover new tools in the Wikimedia ecosystem, promote their use in your
wiki community, and help improve them by contributing data. Toolhub's first
release is planned around Wikimania 2021.

The Toolhub team is currently working on identifying quality indicators
through conversations with tool users and developers. As a tool user, how
do you know which tool is reliable, useful, and safe to use? As a tool
maintainer, what makes it attractive to you to contribute to an existing
tool? What information are you looking for to decide whether to join a tool
project? We hope that these sessions will help gather quality indicators
for tools and provide valuable insight toward developing new features to
convey the quality.

Want to organize a quality signal session in your community in August/early
September? Please get in touch on the talk page or sign-up for an already
planned session by adding your name below it: <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toolhub/The_Quality_Signal_Sessions> [2].
Your feedback, thoughts, ideas would be valuable!

If you are attending Wikimania, we are running a few introductions and a
feedback session as part of the unconference. Learn more here: <
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2021:Unconference/Toolhub> [3].

Cheers,
Srishti

On behalf of the Toolhub team

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toolhub

[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toolhub/The_Quality_Signal_Sessions

[3] https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2021:Unconference/Toolhub

*Srishti Sethi*
Senior Developer Advocate
Re: Sign up for the Toolhub's quality signal sessions [ In reply to ]
Hello all,

This is a follow-up to a previous email about Toolhub’s quality signal
sessions on this list.

We are also organizing an async feedback round for *tool maintainers* to
gather their input on quality indicators for tools in the Wikimedia
ecosystem. We will use this feedback to develop a new feature set for
Toolhub to convey the quality of tools.

We have a few questions for tool maintainers that we have posted here
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Toolhub/The_Quality_Signal_Sessions#Discussion_topic_for_%22Quality_Signal_Sessions:_The_Tool_Maintainers_edition%22>
[1].
Your feedback would be valuable! You can share your feedback in response to
the discussion questions on the same topic; the last date to do so is
August 31st.

Best,

Srishti

[1]