Mailing List Archive

Breaking changes to CentralIdLookup core class
Hello,

Platform Engineering Team is going to make breaking changes to the MediaWiki core CentralIdLookup class [1]

We are changing the accepted types for the $user parameter from User to UserIdentity. This should not affect
any callers, but any class that extends CentralIdLookup will be broken. The only extensions known to us that
implement CentralIdLookup are CentralAuth and Wikibase, and we are updating them alongside with the core class.

If you maintain an extension which implements a custom CentralIdProvider, please respond to this email
and we will either help you update your extension, or work out a new plan for converting the core class.

Additionally, we are loosening the return type guarantees for CentralIdLookup::localUserFromCentralId from
User to UserIdentity. This could potentially affect the callers, but we’ve updated all extensions to be compatible
with the new guarantees. If you maintain an extension that is not available on codesearch[2] please reach out to us.

Best regards. Petr.

Staff Software Engineer.
Platform Engineering Team.
WMF

1. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/core/+/700991 <https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/core/+/700991>
2. https://codesearch.wmcloud.org/extensions/?q=localUserFromCentralId&i=nope&files=&excludeFiles=&repos= <https://codesearch.wmcloud.org/extensions/?q=localUserFromCentralId&i=nope&files=&excludeFiles=&repos=>