Mailing List Archive

Congratulations to accepted candidates for Google Summer of Code 2021 & Outreachy Round 22
Hello Folks,

Please join me in welcoming Wikimedia's accepted candidates for Google
Summer of Code 2021 and Outreachy Round 22!

*Google Summer of Code 2021*

1. Yash Varshney, India, Add autocompletion to Page Forms
spreadsheet-style display <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278714>
Mentors: Yaron Koren, Sahaj Khandelwal.

2. Yash Agrawal, India, Add zoom and pan to the Wikisource Pagelist
Widget <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T279255>
Mentors: Sam Wilson, Satdeep Gill, Sohom Datta.

3. Aditya Srivastav, India, Custom Picture Selector for upload in
Commons app <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T279266>
Mentors: Madhur-Gupta, Nicolas Raoul.

4. Devyansh Chawla, India, Develop a UserScript/Gadget tutorial on
MediaWiki.org similar to Wikipedia:The_Wikipedia_Adventure
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278730>
Mentors: Krishna Chaitanya (KC), Enterprisey, Jay Prakash.

5. Hari Krishna, India, Develop a web based monitoring dashboard to
improve and monitor existing database backup inventory processes and
improve long term maintainability of existing code
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T279552>,
Mentors: Manuel Arostegui, Jaime Crespo.

6. Dhairya Khanna, India, Gamified Knowledge Base Completion Plugin for
Wikibase/Wikidata <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278730>,
Mentors: Dennis Diefenbach, Aleksandr Perevalov, Andreas Both, Kunpeng GUO.

7. Shailesh Kanojiya, India, Write Cypress tests for wikipedia-preview
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T280062>,
Mentors: Gabriel Pita, Vidhi Mody, Soham Parekh

8. Anubhav Sharma, India, Retraining models from ORES to be deployable
on Lift Wing <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T279961>,
Mentors: Chtnnh, Calbon

9. Bhaarat Kumar Khatri, India, Update the front-page of Wikimedia
projects <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T279961>,
Mentors: Jdrewniak

10. Sahil Grewal, India, Upgrade WebdriverIO to the latest version 7
for all repositories <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T279998>,
Mentors: Vidhi Mody, Soham Parekh

*Outreachy Round 22*

1. Ammar Abdulhamid, Synchronising Wikidata and Wikipedias using
pywikibot <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T276329>
Mentors: Mike Peel.

2. Nirali Sahoo, Synchronising Wikidata and Wikipedias using pywikibot
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T276329>
Mentors: Mike Peel.

3. Slavina S, Use PAWS to create a series of notebook based tutorials
that help users access and work with data on Wikimedia projects
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T276270>
Mentors: Srodlund, Isaac Johnson.

4. Muniza A., Build a tool for analyzing and visualizing reader
navigation on wikipedia. <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T276270>
Mentors: Martin Gerlach and Isaac Johnson.

We would like to encourage accepted candidates to introduce themselves on
this thread, share with us where they are coming from and give a brief
overview of the project they will be working on.

We planned GSoC and Outreachy Interns Welcome Party during the Wikimedia
Hackathon 2021 on Sunday, i.e May 23th 04:00 UTC/GMT in the Jitsi platform,
Feel free to pop into the room to know more about the project details that
our
interns will be working for the next several months.

We’re so proud of the contributions they have made so far to our community,
and we look forward to having a wonderful time working with them over the
summer! Also, a huge shout-out to the project mentors for their enthusiasm
and commitment!

Thank you to Srishti, Pavithra and Ankit Maity for coordinating this round
along with me!

Gopa Vasanth <https://gopavasanth.me>
Twitter <https://twitter.com/gopavasanth1999> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/gopa-vasanth/> | GitHub
<https://github.com/gopavasanth> | Gerrit
<https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/gopavasanth>

“Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”