Mailing List Archive

Summary of this week's deployment of 1.37.0-wmf.1: all good!
This is a summary of this week's deployment of the 1.37.0-wmf.1 branch
of MediaWiki and its extensions (also known as "the train"). The
primary person in charge this week is Jeena Huneidi, with Dan Duvall
as backup, both from the Release Engineering team.

The summary task for this week is
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278345

This was the first week of the 1.37.0 series. The 1.36.0 release is
being made separately, and our sites are moving on to run weekly
releases of the new series. It's not a momentous change. We start a
series couple of times a year. The version number changes, but
otherwise the changes this week are fairly mundane and usual.

(There's no train deployment next week, due to a holiday on Thursday.)

The new version is running all sites. There were a total of three
blocker reported and resolved:

- T279008 - mw-parser-output now clears after block, which is a
noticeable change for Category pages where infoboxes used to render
floated alongside the automatic content
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T279008

- T279113 - Unable to parse title at new Title in Special:MediaSearch
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T279113

- T280082 - Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError: Error 1146: Table
'mediawikiwiki.discussiontools_subscription' doesn't exist
(10.64.16.7)
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T280082

As usual, a whole bunch of people helped to find, triage, analyze,
fix, or work around problems this. Release Engineering thanks
everyone, without help we wouldn't be able to deploy MediaWiki.

- Anne Tomasevich
- Bartosz Dziewo?ski
- Carly Bogen
- Cormac Parle
- Innovative
- JJMC89
- Jon Robson
- Lucas Werkmeister
- Mike_Peel
- Rummana Yasmeen
- Tacsipacsi
- Timo Tijhof
- TTO
- Umherirrender
- Urbanecm
- Zabe

There may have been other people, and if so, I apologize for not
including them on the list above.

Have a good weekend. Be well. Be safe.

For more information, please see:

- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T278345
- https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Heterogeneous_deployment/Train_deploys
- https://versions.toolforge.org/

--
WMF release engineering team | he/him or they/them
"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in